 On 11/17/2014 09:18 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 I watch a lot of Brit TV on Netflix and Hulu+.  One thing is the actors look
like real people and not like fashion models.  My favorite was "Utopia" and HBO
is redoing it with David Fincher in charge.

 Dang I missed the second series of Utopia due to being on holiday when it
started. Shall put it on my crimbo list.

 It was pretty good and involved a back story to tell how this all came about.
The first episode took place in the 1970s so instead of a scope aspect ration
they had a 4:3 TV aspect ratio for that episode.   I remember there was a bit
of controversy about that first episode, it involved the death of Airey Neave
(?), who was murdered by the IRA, but incorporated him into the Utopia plot.
The Daily Mail tried to whip up some hysteria anyway. Unfortunately there will
be no Bluray release of season two.  I have the season one Bluray which is "All
Regions" so they didn't have to make different ones for each regions.  But it
won't play on my Sony players but does on my Samsung. Wonder what Sony has
against the "All Regions" option?  Channel 4 said the season one sales did not
justify a season two Bluray release.

I've never even seen a Bluray so I don;t know what I'm missing, the DVD is on
Amazon though so I'll be dropping hints amongst the fambly.

 Dennis Kelly says he likes HBO's plans for the series though.  But what else
would he says especially if they gave him a big suitcase of money. :-D

 Did you see The Fall? Grim serial killer hunt, series two has just started
over here. Bit pointless if you missed the first but it's very well made and
decidedly disturbing.

 Saw "The Fall" season one on Netflix and I suspect season two will follow
there not long after it plays in the UK.  I liked it.  Netflix just added
season 3 of the Swedish "Wallander" so watched episode one last night. Then I
won't spoil it for you. But I always loved Wallander, the books as well. And
his non-Wallander books are good, especially the African ones.

 I remembered watching a US show called Flashforward a few years back, that was
great. One of the real US import triumphs. The entire human race blacks out for
2 minutes ad has a vision of what they will be doing in 6 months time. Quality
sci-fi, got any more like that over there?

 Quality? In the US?  It's all about money.  Syfy doesn't have much this
season.  "Z Nation" is  a cult series done by the kings of schlock, Asylum.
Since Syfy hasn't done episodes streaming a month later for it I'm betting
Netflix scooped up the rights and it will show a month after the season
completes (and a season two has already been ordered).   Netflix did that with
"Continuum."

 I've been watching "Constantine" on NBC but then I like occult themed series.
As networks lose more money I'm waiting for "found footage" series to appear
which might be far better than the Hollywood stuff.  One could even call the
show "Found Footage".  Each episode could be a different set of "found
footage."
 Shall keep my eyes peeled for Constantine then. The more channels we get on TV
the more old shows I get to see. Some of them are great. I'm waiting for
Survivors which was my favourite post-apocalypse series from the 70's. A plague
wipes out 99% of humanity and the few still alive try to rebuild some sort of
life amid the ruins. Excellent stuff and the BBC did a re-imagining a few years
ago, which is well worth checking out. We still do quality I'm happy to say.
For now...

  • Re: [FairfieldL... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... salyavin808
        • Re... salyavin808