Re: So, I just watched about half of that and I have a few observations and a
few questions

 Well the Alice books are so ingrained in our collective consciousness that it
is fair game for any treatment. To turn Carroll's "dream story" into a
nightmare is an obvious move. But, yes, if such imagery disturbs you don't
watch it.  I picked up on the Marilyn version as I am a fan of Valerie and Her
Week of Wonders ( Czech, 1969) so I look out for similar variations - though
Marilyn's take is going to be decidedly more in-your-face and bleak (if he ever
finishes it).
 Valerie is another "little girl lost in a dream" film - heavily influenced by
the Alice tales (via the Marquis de Sade) - starring the then 13-year-old
Jaroslava Schallerová as Valerie. The film portrays the heroine as living in a
disorienting dream, cajoled by priests, vampires, men and women alike, and
blends elements of fantasy and horror films. It actually has some charming,
poetic moments. The trailer gives a good feel for it . . . don't worry - it
won't give you bad dreams like the previous trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR07_yzRFMM&index=36&list=FLJad8vN225Nr5hDIzlEOYMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR07_yzRFMM&index=36&list=FLJad8vN225Nr5hDIzlEOYMA