---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 I believe that a lot of this sense of fulfillment in our lives is tied to our
age. I have read studies about how satisfaction and happiness in life increases
with age and I have certainly found that to be true. I have also gotten way
better at what to focus on and what to ignore to keep my head on straight.

 I might have to agree with most of this. I think with age can come a
mellowing, but not an apathetic I'm-almost-dead mellowing, but a sense of
gratitude for all that life can throw at us and to discover that we're still
breathing. And when that happens we appreciate more, take in more and love
more. At least for me this is true. Keeping one's head on straight is no small
feat. It takes knowing what to pay attention to and what to keep walking on by
without a backward glance.