How do you know that global warming is the biggest threat ? According to some
methaphysists we would all be dead long ago if our Space Brothers didn't
initiate their programmes to neutralize nuclear radiation here right after
WWII. Radiation our instruments are far to crude to register.

 Must agree With the Turq here, compassion is much overrated. The Buddhist's
talk of compassion simply because they don't have much else to talk about.

 LOL, there's another way of looking at it!

 But our Space Brothers shows "compassion" by their actions to help and try
prevent this planet from self-destruction. Amongst other things there is strong
suggestions that they neutralize much of the nuclear radiaton produced by
nuclear plants not measurable by our crude instruments.

 Can they do something about global warming then? I don't want to sound
alarmist but that's the biggest threat we have, much worse than nuclear power.
It isn't going to go away, without magic we have only one solution.

 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 Salyavin, I admit that when I imagine more developed beings, I automatically
assume that would include being ultra compassionate. I guess the tricky part
is, how would ultra compassion be expressed?

 Opinions vary about what an ultra-technological society would be like. Some
think that they would be extremely friendly because crossing interstellar space
is such a big undertaking that, surely, any species would have to have
conquered any bad attitudes amongst themselves long ago and pulled together.

 It sounds to me as if Share is suffering under Yet Another Unfounded
Assumption. By most standards, homo sapiens could be considered the "most
developed" species on planet Earth, but they've been the cause of the
extinction of (by some estimates) 99% of the other species that ever developed
here. One could hardly call that an indication of "compassion." It also appears
likely that humans will eradicate the remaining 1% in the next 20-50 years,
also hardly an indicator of "compassion."

 Finally, since Share seems to equate Maharishi and his teachings with being
"more developed," I challenge her to find even one instance of the *word*
"compassion" in either The Science of Being or Maharishi's commentary on the
Bhagavad-Gita.

 Hint: According to Amazon's "Look Inside This Book" search feature, she can't
do it. Maharishi spent over 50 years without ever *using* the word
"compassion," much less teaching it. And I think anyone who spent any time with
him knows how little compassion he actually demonstrated in his life.

 Another way of looking at it is that intelligence implies belligerence. Maybe
it's only possible to evolve to this space-faring level if you've had the
environmental and social hardships to drive you towards mastering the
environment and defeating any enemies. Bad attitude built in.

 It is certainly likely, given what we've seen in the species that have
appeared on Earth, that any species arising elsewhere and being able to come
here would be pretty much the very definition of belligerent. You don't get to
be the ruling species on your home planet without defeating most of the other
species. Take that 'tude into space, and they'd just be lookin' for the next
species to annihilate, not lookin' for friends.

 Both are projections from our state of being of course, but I tend towards the
friendly interpretation. Particularly concerning our Wow! signal. Assuming that
it was an alien broadcast, they must be curious to be sending messages and
curiosity would mean they are philosophical. And friendly too because if you
want to steal a planet's resources or suck the occupants brains out you
wouldn't call them up and say Hi! Unless the message reads "Start running -
you've got 30 years before we get there".

 Maybe we'd better work on decoding it before it's too late....

I think they finally deciphered the title of the Wow! signal and found that it
is "To Serve Man."  :-)

 "It's a Cookbook!" Ahah... I get it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIufLRpJYnI

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIufLRpJYnI