 From: "Bhairitu noozguru@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

 On 11/18/2014 04:26 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... mailto:turquoiseb@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

   It's not so much a rumor, more of a sales pitch or claim, but I've always
gotten a chuckle from "TM is the fastest path to enlightenment on the planet,"
coming from an organization that in over 50 years has been unable to produce
even a single person they can point at and say, "This person is enlightened,
and got that way as a result of practicing TM."

 What organization does?

 Just to make a point about the kinds of bullshit humans are willing to accept,
think about the TM sales pitch for enlightenment, compared to almost anything
else being sold on this planet:

 Snip

 -- "You DO know that this is insane, right? Promising the 'fastest path' to
something you'll later refuse to ever produce?"

 -- "You think WE'RE insane? Talk to the millions of people who bought this
exact sales pitch hook, line, and sinker."

 :-)

Inspired. Here's a genuine conversation I had with a TM teacher at the academy:

  "When you are enlightened you only have to desire something and it will be
fulfilled instantly"

 Really, what anything? I've got some pretty wild dreams you know..

 "Ah, but when you are enlightened your desires are fully in tune with the Laws
of Nature so they may be different to what they are now"

 More modest perhaps? Not so many lottery wins, time machines and supermodel
girlfriends?

 "You won't desire money or sex because your desires are already fulfilled"

 So what will I desire then?

 "Rice and dhal. Provided you have a job"

 Huh? I don't even get free money?

 "It doesn't work with money, money isn't part of natural law"

 But the Time Machine, I'll get that?

 "I guarantee it"

 (On my life that was a true conversation. Except for the rice and dhal answer.
This guy had NO sense of humour)