---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 What the hell is the matter with you folks? How can you sit here, calmly
discussing sciency shit, when the guy in charge of the science wore a tacky
shirt? Priorities, people! Sheesh!

 Funnily enough, I was just reading about that. Apparently the guy was in tears
at all the criticim and was forced to do a public apology. But get this, his
wife made that shirt for his birthday and he just wanted to wear it on the
proudest day of his life!

 Makes me want one. Nearly.

 And did you see his tattoo?

 groups.com, <s3raphita@...> wrote :

 The Philae lander has detected organic molecules on the surface of its comet,
scientists have confirmed. The compounds were picked up by a German-built
instrument designed to "sniff" the comet's thin atmosphere.
 OK - so organic molecules aren't life as we know it, but they were found on a
measly comet. Pity we've lost the phone connection - just when the conversation
was getting interesting.
 Cool! That's just the sort of thing it was after. Just think, they'll be more
than 3.5 billion years old and the very same stuff that we are ultimately made
of, sitting on a comet all that time. That's my sense of perspective satisfied
for the day. Cheers!

 And apparently, they think Philae might come back to life when it gets closer
to the sun. So maybe there's more..