On 11/18/2014 10:47 AM, fleetwood_macncheese wrote:

Barry is trolling. I have never heard anyone in the TM Org, including my teacher, say that TM was the fastest way to enlightenment. It is not on any tapes, or in any lectures, or books. I challenge Barry to find even one recorded instance of this phrase, used by anyone in the TMO. He is more interested in tooting his limp horn, than any sort of reality based conversation. As usual.

/You can pretty much forget getting any response about this from Barry. So, I'll tell you about the rumor

According to the rumor, Barry himself made up the phrase about TM being "the fastest way to enlightenment." It was Barry that made up the infamous posters that promised "enlightenment in 5-7 years" and he apparently posted them all over town. From what I've heard, Jerry was really pissed.

That's just one of the reasons Barry got kicked out of the TMO - for making stuff up. Just like he makes up stuff about Rama levitating and stuff. Its a pattern./

Actually, Barry, you've discounted Maharishi's progress on the spiritual path as someone who had achieved nothing. At the same time you've discussed your experiences practicing his technique, which happen to coincide with the signposts of higher consciousness outlined by M.

I always had a feeling that it would emerge that you would in some way appoint yourself as being the "One".

Maybe consider changing your handle to "Neo turq", or "Neo Barry"

No need to be modest about it.

Come out of the closet, boy.

*/It's not so much a rumor, more of a sales pitch or claim, but I've always gotten a chuckle from "TM is the fastest path to enlightenment on the planet," coming from an organization that in over 50 years has been unable to produce even a single person they can point at and say, "This person is enlightened, and got that way as a result of practicing TM."
/*
*/
/*
*/Think of it...over 50 years with a single "success story" they're willing to present in public, and they still claim to be "the fastest path."
/*
*/
/*