Same conclusion as everyone else's - Edg nailed it to the wall.

 That is my recollection as well, as one who did give many lectures and teach
courses.

 It just wasn't a talking point.

 Of course was going to produce dozens of teachers who claimed something, I
forget what, a few days ago.

 I requested he produce one, which of course he couldn't.

 What the f, do you think the lurking reporters make of this guy?

 Barry is trolling. I have never heard anyone in the TM Org, including my
teacher, say that TM was the fastest way to enlightenment. It is not on any
tapes, or in any lectures, or books. I challenge Barry to find even one
recorded instance of this phrase, used by anyone in the TMO. He is more
interested in tooting his limp horn, than any sort of reality based
conversation. As usual.

 Actually, Barry, you've discounted Maharishi's progress on the spiritual path
as someone who had achieved nothing.  At the same time you've discussed your
experiences practicing his technique, which happen to coincide with the
signposts of higher consciousness outlined by M.

 I always had a feeling that it would emerge that you would in some way appoint
yourself as being the "One".

 Maybe consider changing your handle to "Neo turq", or "Neo Barry"

 No need to be modest about it.

 Come out of the closet, boy.

 It's not so much a rumor, more of a sales pitch or claim, but I've always
gotten a chuckle from "TM is the fastest path to enlightenment on the planet,"
coming from an organization that in over 50 years has been unable to produce
even a single person they can point at and say, "This person is enlightened,
and got that way as a result of practicing TM."

 Think of it...over 50 years with a single "success story" they're willing to
present in public, and they still claim to be "the fastest path."