Some funny points, like enlightenment would be an LSD trip. Hilarious what the
mind imagines as a peaceful state, prior to accomplishing it. The ironic thing
is, that once the state establishes itself, the world changes to one that was
unimaginable anyway, because there is finally peace within, and that changes
everything. As for the personality traits, I find myself more sensitive as the
natural expansion of life continues, but otherwise, the main change is the lack
of attachment, evident in CC, and so the personality actually gains a greater
range, because there is nothing, except judgment, holding it back - everything
becomes known, but not everything is expressed. That non-attachment allows the
mind to go anywhere it likes; many more cultural and natural edges to explore.

 As far as old souls, I don't know what is old, except I do know some younger
people who are fully enlightened, without having done any techniques, and who
have absolutely no interest in spiritual pursuits like meditation. It is not a
compartmentalized world for them, like it was for us, with a dedicated
spiritual path - That sensitivity and awareness is already baked in, so
although they recognize spiritual life and God as natural components to life,
those elements have no special significance, because they came onto the planet
with that consciousness, already.
 I've always said the "experiencing enlightenment" is the thing to say even if
it is for a few minutes a day.  Honestly, I think some folks believe that
enlightenment will put them in a perpetual state of celestial consciousness as
if you were always on LSD.  That, of course, would not be very practical.
Basically it is an "inner silence" which is not pervasive or you could never
deal with everyday situations.  You'd just have to sit there like a lump.
People here who experience that "inner silence" (and I believe there are
probably more than a few here who do) know that they have it when they focus on
it but when they need to focus on worldly things it doesn't get in the way.

 I know a number of people who even just doing TM will say "CC was a long time
ago." Whether you got there or not seems to depend on your nervous system or
maybe if you are more spiritually inclined then development in past
incarnations. People like to say that those who popped into are probably "old
souls."  So even the spiritual community will have a group who is sorry to say
"left behind."  If you could force them into enlightenment they might not be
able to handle it.

 Believe me, I also know people who practiced TM and said they never
experienced transcendence just some relaxation. I hope they only paid no more
than $75 for it then.

 Another faux paus is that some people believe there are personality markers
that indicate "enlightenment". That is not true at all.  So you can't judge the
"book by it's cover" especially on the Internet.  ;-)

 On 11/18/2014 11:26 AM, Share Long sharelong60@... mailto:sharelong60@...