On 11/19/2014 10:41 AM, 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

On 11/19/2014 11:04 AM, Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I've got trains with oil cars on them passing a block away on a trestle. There is a movement to ban them going through town but I doubt if it's going to work being this is a refinery town that Shell owns.

/A local train derailment with oil aboard is probably the least of your problems. The gasoline that gets refined and brought in to your local gas station on a truck twice a week probably drives right past your house. You probably have better odds of getting hit by lightening than injured by spilled oil downtown. As long as you use gasoline and oil there are going to be pipelines. Go figure./

Those trucks neither need nor are allowed to drive down this residential street. A lot of people own hybrids around here. We figure most are owned by refinery workers. :-D