On 11/19/2014 10:41 AM, 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

On 11/19/2014 11:04 AM, Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I've got trains with oil cars on them passing a block away on a trestle. There is a movement to ban them going through town but I doubt if it's going to work being this is a refinery town that Shell owns.

/A local train derailment with oil aboard is probably the least of your problems. The gasoline that gets refined and brought in to your local gas station on a truck twice a week probably drives right past your house. You probably have better odds of getting hit by lightening than injured by spilled oil downtown. As long as you use gasoline and oil there are going to be pipelines. Go figure./

On 11/19/2014 1:18 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

Those trucks neither need nor are allowed to drive down this residential street.

/The gasoline trucks have to get to the gas station somehow. It takes a big truck to pick up trash on the street in any neighborhood and probably none of them are electric or hybrid./

A lot of people own hybrids around here.

/It takes a lot fuel to run an electric company for a town the size of Oakland and Walnut Creek.

/
We figure most are owned by refinery workers. :-D

/The key is to diversify: nuclear, solar, and wind power generated electricity, like down here./

/P.S. Please remind Buck that he probably gets most of his water through a pipeline of some sort./

            • ... wgm4u
  • Re: [FairfieldL... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]