Geez, that makes the midwest really behind the curve. AT&T and T-Mobile are both GSM. CDMA is so last century. But of course so is the midwest. :-D

On 11/19/2014 06:21 PM, j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

You live in urban California, where any carrier's phones will work adequately, and money is the most important consideration. Out here in rural America, coverage is a much more important issue, and in Iowa, GSM carriers suck ass. US Cellular and Verizon, both CDMA, are the only carriers with decent coverage. Sure, the GSMers cover Iowa's cities and Interstate corridors, but out in the boonies, forget about it. Hell, there are buildings in Fairfield where GSM phones can't even make or receive calls.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote :

Dump Verizon. Obviously you are under no obligation to them using a 10 year old phone. Verizon uses CDMA which is hard wired into the phone. Use a carrier that has GSM as that uses SIM cards. Buy a no contract phone and get a SIM care for your carrier as a prepay. I have my prepay set up to automatically refill each month. You can move your cell number to the new carrier too. If you don't like the carrier stop the prepay and get another carrier. Some folks use more than one carrier and just change the SIM card when needed.

Cellular companies seems to be run by the great great grandsons of old west snake oil salesmen. Be wise and you won't be a mark for them and waste money.

On 11/19/2014 11:39 AM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com <mailto:sharelon...@yahoo.com> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    Richard, it sounds like a great phone. But I think I gotta go with
    Verizon approved brands because I have about $200 worth of calling
    credit on my current phone which gets hot after I've been on it
    for 30 min. Wonder if there's any brain damage (-:

    *From:* "'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com
    <mailto:pundits...@gmail.com> [FairfieldLife]"
    <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
    *To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:01 PM
    *Subject:* [FairfieldLife] New Phone for Share, was meditation is
    job one for Jerry Seinfeld

    /Share, did I tell you that the LG Tribute has a front-facing
    camera and flash?/

    On 11/17/2014 11:16 AM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com
    <mailto:sharelon...@yahoo.com> [FairfieldLife] wrote:
    Richard, my cell phone is 10 years old. I think I need a new
    one. Any suggestions?

    /Get the *Virgin Mobile USA* Android LG Tribute 4G LTE for $59.95
    at Best Buy or from Virgin Mobile for $79.95; and the Virgin
    no-contract plan with unlimited data, text and talk for $35.00
    month?/

    /http://www.virginmobileusa.com//

    alt

  • Re: [FairfieldL... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]