Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Bird Flu Preparedness
on 11/18/05 4:42 PM, Sal Sunshine at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well not to beat a drum too much or anything...but wasn't it you that predicted "riots in the streets" and all sorts of other terrors that would happen at Y2K?

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

I did spend a bit too much time listening to Gary North and his ilk, although by the time Y2K rolled around I didn’t expect too much to happen. I think some of his predictions would have come to pass if half a billion dollars or whatever it was hadn’t been pumped into fixing the problem. The Y2K problem is unrelated to this one. There have been pandemics which have killed 10’s of millions of people. Not in our lifetimes though. The caliber of the people sounding the call on this one is such that they are at least worth listening to. After listening to them, draw your own conclusions. I’m not a medical expert and I only know what I hear the experts saying. If you want to listen to them, go to http://npr.org and search for Michael Osterholm.