They've always had problems with oil burning. But it hasn't damaged my Forester. I have an independent garage down the street that has a Subaru mechanic. Just got the oil changed on Weds. They like to joke that I "drive a lot". Actually I need to contact my insurance agent because he's got me down for driving over 7K miles a year and I only drive around 3K.

American cars lost the market because they weren't built to last.