What she said. I didn't "get" Richard for awhile, either. He sometimes responds
in a way that leaves no room for a further comment. But I have never found him
to be mean, unbalanced, or sadistic. He actually seems to be quite a gentle and
fulfilled man. I don't think it is any coincidence that Barry makes it his
mission to go after those here, who are most successful in life. I truly
believe Barry hates people who make it in this world, while envying them
unrelentingly.

 Well said, Sal.

 My bet is that if there were ever a "FFL Reunion," in which we all got
together physically to chat over a few beers, most people would manage to let
bygones be bygones and get along. Heck, I'd even buy Judy a drink...not that
she'd drink it, of course.  :-)

 I think we should organise one, be fascinating to see what everyone is really
like and if we mix like sociable humans or gather into predictable corners or
start fighting over whether Erich Von Daniken is a better scientist than John
Hagelin. And I'd sit down for a pint with Judy any day!

 But Richard? My bet is that after a few minutes people would notice he was
missing from the festivities. A few people would wonder where he went, but not
many, and only for a second or two.

 After the event they'd find him out back in the alley, having been beaten into
a bloody pulp by the people he's stalked and abused for so many years.

I suspect everyone will be as curious as me to find out what he's really like,
he plays his cards so close to his chest it's hard to see the humanity beneath.
Or maybe he really does only speak in one sentence missives with a "go figure"
at the end. Perhaps it's a Texan thing we didn't know about?

 Now that you're on the subject of Richard I will pipe in my two cents. Until
about 4 months ago I didn't quite "get him" either. He can appear repetitive
and trollish and he would purposefully misrepresent others, as if he had a
reading comprehension problem or was simply enjoying the perverseness of making
stuff up. And he was so tireless in all of this. Now, although this sounds a
lot like your personal buddy here there are some really vital differences.
These are as follows:

 Richard appears to live a balanced life with outside interests, a beautiful
woman, all the trappings of a comfortable life with plenty of money to keep him
and is spouse in a manner many are not as fortunate to possess. Consequently,
he seems pretty fulfilled, at least on the material level.

 Richard totally goofs around here and doesn't take it nearly as seriously as
some others. He has his style of playing with it all and although he definitely
appears to like some more than others he's willing to give most here a taste of
his playfulness at any given moment. I actually think he's hilarious not to
mention one smart guy who has probably more miles investigating spiritual paths
than just about anyone here (this is not something I particularly find
interesting but I'll give him the nod on this one).

 To take Richard seriously to the point where he bugs you means you have missed
his whole shtick. If you can tolerate and even appreciate bawee as you seem to
do surely you can find the stomach to tolerate Richard who is one hundredth the
obnoxious boor your lampshade-wearing friend is. But, as you say, the internet
is a funny place because I really appreciate your mind and your sense of
humour, Sal. But your choice of friends absolutely stumps me. Each to his own.

 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 Richard, I'm really sorry that turq has been so mean to you, and for so many
years. You seem like a really nice person to me so I don't understand his
behavior at all. But I'm very glad you're still here.

 I think it's more relevant to try and explain Willytex's behaviour and why
he's irritating enough to drive people to distraction. Just try simply not
having an opinion the same as his and you'll get endless tedious trolling, and
I mean endless. I can't believe you haven't noticed it. If it wasn't for the
ability to scan posts without opening them there wouldn't be anyone here
because he's like a little dog snapping at your heels. On and on and on. I
suspect that's his plan, a sort of attempt at denial of service.

 If you ever do try and engage him on his opinions all you get is some well
practised non-committal slogans and a few irrelevant links to wikipedia that he
either doesn't understand himself or can't be bothered to think about it.
After two post he goes straight back to abuse. Years and years and years he's
been doing it, what he gets out of logging on here everyday is anyone's guess.
He says he's proud of his internet legacy, but why take part in a discussion
board if you aren't going to discuss anything? I think he just likes spreading
shit around. This is why nobody bothers talking to him. Go figure.

 Same with Steve, he replied to a post of mine yesterday saying that it looked
boring and he wasn't going to read it! What the fuck? Tell me Share, is there a
point to it that you can see? I'm at a loss. If I see something that doesn't
interest me I just skip to the next one, why make a point about it. Every time.
Every day.

 Barry, on the other hand brings a lot to the place and isn't just a one trick
pony with nothing to say. You may not agree with what he says but it is a
discussion board and not a facebook page, we all have the choice to respond and
alternatives with how we spend out time if we'd rather not.

 It actually fascinates me that we all come back day after day.

 Ugh, the rain has begun. Supposedly will turn to ice overnight. So glad I've
got brand new tires.