On 11/23/2014 2:38 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:
*/I think there are interesting parallels in terms of both being stuck in the past and being stuck in denial here.
/*

For the record, I'm not a Cosby fan and I'm not taking up for him, but it's not as if this is a new breaking story, Barry - you've had a decade or more to post a comment on this subject, but for some reason you had to wait until a black man was accused.

Is there some kind of "White Rape Privilege" going on here?

It's also not very fair of you to include MMY in your comment. You failed to mention a few of your favorites: Fred Lenz, Roman Polanski Woody Allen, Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton and Terry Richardson. Go figure.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/bill-cosby-terry-richardson

/"I don't think I was ever a starry-eyed TMer, and//
//I definitely never thought he had any kind of //
//pipeline to any useful knowledge, but I used to //
//go to his Friday night talks in L.A. regularly, //
//because it was the best place in town for a TM //
//guy to get lucky. //
//
//The women would go and listen to him and get all//
//starry-eyed and feel that lower chakra kundalini //
//energy flowing, and then they'd go for the first //
//non-celibate guy they ran into. Even non-TM guys //
//knew about the scene and would go there looking //
//to get laid, usually successfully."/ - TurquoiseB

http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife/yahoogroups.com/msg66703.html <http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife%40yahoogroups.com/msg66703.html>

*/
/*
*/So far, at least 13 women have come forward to say that Bill Cosby drugged and raped them, or at the very least, in some way forced them to have sex with him. Several other voices (some of them male) have confirmed that there was a whole "support mechanism" in place among Cosby's staff and organization to keep any of these rapes from ever becoming public.
/*
*/
/*
*/At the same time, the other night at a comedy performance, the audience gave Cosby a standing ovation.
/*
*/
/*
*/Does anyone else see the parallels here?/*
*/
/*
*/- First, how lost in the past do you have to BE to attend a Bill Cosby performance, all these years after he's gone "over the hill?" That's a clear parallel to people still caring about Maharishi, who is even more over the hill, being...uh...dead, in addition to being discredited.
/*
*/
/*
*/- Second, for these Cosby True Believers, nothing they've seen in the press or heard seems to bother them. They're still willing to stand and applaud Cosby, either refusing to believe that he could possibly have done any wrong, or refusing to consider using his position of power to rape women wrong. Another clear parallel to what TM True Believers do when new tales of Maharishi screwing his women students come out. They find ways to ignore them completely, so that they can continue idolizing MMY.
/*
*/
/*
*/- Third, notice what the Cosby True Believers say about these women coming forward. They call them names, "Liars!" being the least of them, and demonstrate their misogyny with every word. The MMY supporters do the exact same thing, demonizing the women who have had the courage to tell the truth about both how Maharishi seduced them, and then went out of his way to hide it.
/*
*/
/*
*/All in all, it looks like the behavior of True Believers is equally shameful, whether they're clinging to their illusions about Bill Cosby, or about Maharishi.../*
*/
/*
*/A Complete List of the Women Who Have Accused Bill Cosby of Sexual Assault <http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/11/21/bill_cosby_accusers_list_sexual_assault_rape_drugs_feature_in_women_s_stories.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_ru>/*

image <http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/11/21/bill_cosby_accusers_list_sexual_assault_rape_drugs_feature_in_women_s_stories.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_ru>

A Complete List of the Women Who Have Accused Bill Cos... <http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/11/21/bill_cosby_accusers_list_sexual_assault_rape_drugs_feature_in_women_s_stories.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_ru> The following women have alleged as a matter of public record that Bill Cosby sexually assaulted or raped them. They are listed in the order their allegations becam...

View on www.slate.com <http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/11/21/bill_cosby_accusers_list_sexual_assault_rape_drugs_feature_in_women_s_stories.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_ru>

Preview by Yahoo