But Barry, that is the beauty of enlightenment, I don't have to believe it, for
it to be true. And I certainly don't care whether you believe me or not. But,
it is fun driving you nuts, with the knowledge that I am enlightened.

 One of the things I find ridiculous about your issue, is that you keep wanting
the enlightened person to be special somehow, and can't stand it, that I am
fairly common person - no bells, or whistles. You also have a basic problem
with me calling bullshit on you, and have nothing to say back, except some lame
insult.

 You are not a creative person, and it shows. Just a tired old dude, in waking
state, who tries to continue the fiction that he is better than the rest of us.
What a joke. :-) :-) :-)

 It seems to me that this issue can be easily resolved.

 If, in fact, the person Nabby is speaking about has attained enlightenment as
the result of practicing the TM technique (and/or the TMSP), then one would
think that the TM organization should want to be the first to proclaim the
truth of this and inform the world of his momentous achievement. They should
schedule a press conference and announce it to the whole world.

 However, this organization, while giving lectures for over 50 years now that
proclaim loudly that they are selling "the fastest path to enlightenment on the
planet," has NEVER given a press conference and pointed to a single individual
and said, "This is an example of what we are selling. This person is
enlightened, and they got that way by practicing the techniques we sell." So
it's not exactly likely that they're going to hold such a press conference now.

 Just think about that 50+-year "track record," and how often the TMO has
produced someone enlightened.

 NEVER.

 NOT ONCE.

 The TM organization likes to talk about the "millions" of people who have
learned TM. But somehow, *over the course of 50 years*, that same TM
organization has NEVER produced *a single person* who it can point to publicly
and say that this person has actually succeeded in attaining enlightenment by
practicing the "fastest path to it."

 NOT ONE.

 ZERO.

 BUPKUS.

 So I don't think we should hold our breath waiting for Bevan Morris or John
Hagelin or "King" Tony Nader to come rushing in to support the person Nabby is
speaking about and "certify" or "authorize" his supposed enlightenment. Not
gonna happen.

 Therefore his claim is -- and shall remain -- just that, a claim.

 Furthermore, it's a claim that NO ONE believes. But that's NOT because of any
generalized "anger and resentment" about the concept of enlightenment itself,
or an equally generalized lack of belief that anyone, anywhere can attain it.

 And I can prove it.

 All you have to do is compare the person Nabby is talking about to, say,
Adyashanti, a person who *also* claims to be enlightened. LOTS of people seem
to believe Adyashanti. He's got a whole *movement* full of people who follow
him and buy his books and attend meetings with him because they believe he is
enlightened.

 So clearly the person Nabby is talking about on this forum does not have the
same level of believability as Adyashanti. Heck, he doesn't have the same level
of believability as Bill Cosby.

 So can you say, "Nice straw man argument, Nabby?" I think you can.

 Better luck next time...   :-)