Whereas the Movement never would "out" an enlightened individual, there are
many souls popping these days. How do you verify another persons enlightenment
? You don't because you can't. Maharishi was asked this question and he
answered that the person have to be enlightened himself to recognize
enlightenment in the other. So all the beginners here at FFL; don't even try.
 "It is said that Lord Buddha brought 500 people to enlightenment. I think we
will do better"
 His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

 Press conference to proclaim someone Enlightened ? What a joke. The TMO,
thankfully, has more dignity than the Turq can ever imagine. They would never
ever engage in such circus-activities as this troubled poster suggest.

 Although I didn't read most of what our esteemed colleague wrote below (I
caught the gist) I had the same thought as Nabby. It is not the job or the
business of the TMO to go around hanging signs around people's necks in order
to verify their enlightenment. If there is such a thing then perhaps only one's
spiritual teacher (if one had one at all) could possibly verify the state of
his "student's" state of consciousness. And whose business is that anyway?
Putting labels on people and dressing them up as poster people for the Movement
because of their supposed state would be absurd and as far as I'm concerned it
is a credit to them that they refrain from this. As Nabby said, "What a joke."

 It seems to me that this issue can be easily resolved.

 If, in fact, the person Nabby is speaking about has attained enlightenment as
the result of practicing the TM technique (and/or the TMSP), then one would
think that the TM organization should want to be the first to proclaim the
truth of this and inform the world of his momentous achievement. They should
schedule a press conference and announce it to the whole world.

 However, this organization, while giving lectures for over 50 years now that
proclaim loudly that they are selling "the fastest path to enlightenment on the
planet," has NEVER given a press conference and pointed to a single individual
and said, "This is an example of what we are selling. This person is
enlightened, and they got that way by practicing the techniques we sell." So
it's not exactly likely that they're going to hold such a press conference now.

 Just think about that 50+-year "track record," and how often the TMO has
produced someone enlightened.

 NEVER.

 NOT ONCE.

 The TM organization likes to talk about the "millions" of people who have
learned TM. But somehow, *over the course of 50 years*, that same TM
organization has NEVER produced *a single person* who it can point to publicly
and say that this person has actually succeeded in attaining enlightenment by
practicing the "fastest path to it."

 NOT ONE.

 ZERO.

 BUPKUS.

 So I don't think we should hold our breath waiting for Bevan Morris or John
Hagelin or "King" Tony Nader to come rushing in to support the person Nabby is
speaking about and "certify" or "authorize" his supposed enlightenment. Not
gonna happen.

 Therefore his claim is -- and shall remain -- just that, a claim.

 Furthermore, it's a claim that NO ONE believes. But that's NOT because of any
generalized "anger and resentment" about the concept of enlightenment itself,
or an equally generalized lack of belief that anyone, anywhere can attain it.

 And I can prove it.

 All you have to do is compare the person Nabby is talking about to, say,
Adyashanti, a person who *also* claims to be enlightened. LOTS of people seem
to believe Adyashanti. He's got a whole *movement* full of people who follow
him and buy his books and attend meetings with him because they believe he is
enlightened.

 So clearly the person Nabby is talking about on this forum does not have the
same level of believability as Adyashanti. Heck, he doesn't have the same level
of believability as Bill Cosby.

 So can you say, "Nice straw man argument, Nabby?" I think you can.

 Better luck next time...   :-)