Re "All beings were simultaneously enlightened with his awakening":

 All beings - everything, the whole shebang - are nothing but manifestations of
Buddha Mind so are exactly and precisely what they *should* be, despite the
fact that they might offend our relative and limited sensibilities. Meister
Eckhart (14th century) made a similar point when he said: "Even he who
blasphemes against God praises God." [He got his arsed kicked by the Vatican
for saying it!]

 Further, as there is only the One Self - that Buddha Mind again - the
perception that there are lots of separate selves is illusory. If there are in
reality no "others", how can there be any unenlightened beings? Duh!

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 One of the things mentioned about Buddha's enlightenment is that at that
moment he said that 'all beings were simultaneously enlightened with his
awakening'. The phrase is translated in different ways but they all basically
say the same thing, that with awakening all beings were perceived as
enlightened.

 I presume Jim can clarify what this means.

    • [Fairfie... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fai... Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]