 "Putting labels on people and dressing them up as poster people for the
Movement because of their supposed state would be absurd"

 What the hell do you think the TMO does when they parade all the Jerry
Seinfields, Katy Perrys, Hugh Jackmans, David Lynches and so forth?!?!?

 The big question is what do you think? I think the Movement is not saying
they're enlightened but they are using the association with famous and talented
and popular people with TM to further promote TM. They aren't claiming those
people are enlightened, these people are being used as famous endorsements -
just like they do in every other business that wants to sell a product.

 Its the same exact same thing - except rather than claim the nebulous elusive
state of enlightenment, they are appealing to people's desire to be rich and
famous, by touting the wealth and so-called success of the TM celebs, except
when the turn out to be pedophiles - then they delete them from the TMO
websites and claim it should have been done 2 years ago and they just forgot.

 Er, maybe but I rather think it is what I wrote in my first paragraph. But
this is a very different thing than what we were talking about. We were talking
about singling out individuals, everyday Joes, who have become enlightened and
labeling them and publicizing them as such. You have taken the point and made
it into something else completely.