You know that sign in gift shops, "you break it, you buy it"? Same thing
applies here - We own the mess. I was a little naive about our intentions in
Iraq when we went in the first time, but after I saw the deliberate sacking of
their national museum, and have recognized since that we were solely protecting
our interests, their culture be damned. This being the case, we will only
attract those who need work, into the Iraqi army, not those who truly want to
defend their country. Remember "Vietnamization", where we trained a similar
army in S. Vietnam, to fight their own battles? The country was overrun in a
couple of years. Same thing will happen in Iraq, if we don't land troops again.
What a mess.

 Entrenched corruption in the Iraqi military is undermining the fight against
the Islamic State.  This is the downside in relying on a questionable army to
carry out the task of suppressing the Islamists.  If conditions get worse, US
troops may end up fighting in Iraq again.

 In the meantime, Iran is secretly working on acquiring Iraq if things fall
apart.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iraq-corrupt-government-weapons-reportedly-133416968.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iraq-corrupt-government-weapons-reportedly-133416968.html

  • [FairfieldLife] US-Su... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]