Fleetwood,

 IMO, Iraq and Syria have become a world problem.  We now have seen the threat
of the Islamist State if they took over the land.  IS will massacre innocent
people who won't submit to their beliefs within their dominion.  IS will
continue to usurp power and lands win the Middle East.  If and when they
succeed,  the European countries and the USA will be next in their agenda.

 My recommendation would be have an international force, particularly those
from Arab countries, to eliminate IS, maintain peace and stabilize Iraq and
Syria.  Also, it would be necessary to let the governments be truly democratic
that will fairly distribute the power and wealth to all people, including the
various ethnic minorities in those lands.

 You know that sign in gift shops, "you break it, you buy it"? Same thing
applies here - We own the mess. I was a little naive about our intentions in
Iraq when we went in the first time, but after I saw the deliberate sacking of
their national museum, and have recognized since that we were solely protecting
our interests, their culture be damned. This being the case, we will only
attract those who need work, into the Iraqi army, not those who truly want to
defend their country. Remember "Vietnamization", where we trained a similar
army in S. Vietnam, to fight their own battles? The country was overrun in a
couple of years. Same thing will happen in Iraq, if we don't land troops again.
What a mess.

 Entrenched corruption in the Iraqi military is undermining the fight against
the Islamic State.  This is the downside in relying on a questionable army to
carry out the task of suppressing the Islamists.  If conditions get worse, US
troops may end up fighting in Iraq again.

 In the meantime, Iran is secretly working on acquiring Iraq if things fall
apart.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iraq-corrupt-government-weapons-reportedly-133416968.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iraq-corrupt-government-weapons-reportedly-133416968.html

            • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]