I would think that you as a conservative would wants the troops home, bases closed and military spending reduced. After all that stuff is "big government" which you disdain so much.;-)

/Almost everyone, liberal or conservative, wants to bring our troops home, close the bases, and reduce the military spending. But, if the U.S. did that, who would defend Europe from the Russians and defend Japan and South Korea from the Chinese and North Koreans?
/
On 11/25/2014 11:51 AM, Bhairitu wrote:

//

'Scuse me? Those countries can defend themselves.

So, why then are the Ukrainians being invaded by Russian troops? Do you seriously believe that Finland could win a war against the Russians?

  They've got plenty of money.

Not enough to win a war on their own. Thanks to the U.S. and it's military, sent in by the democratic president to save Europe and the Pacific from the Nazis and the Japanese and help rebuild their economy after it was destroyed by the Germans and Japanese war of aggression. You don't seem to be much on history. Go figure.

/"Germany conquered or controlled much of continental Europe, and formed the Axis alliance with Italy and Japan. In December 1941, Japan attacked the United States and European territories in the Pacific Ocean, and quickly conquered much of the Western Pacific."/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt

Why should Americans do it?

Because the U.S. signed treaties with our allies in order to help them defend themselves? If the U.S. was to suddenly abrogate our agreements, how long do you think it would take for the Russians to annex all Europe? /

/

/
Sometimes you just don't make any sense, Barry2./

Apprently because I'm talking above your pay grade.

/You sound kind of naive about power and idealistic in the extreme. Go figure.

/

/What would happen if the U.S. didn't honor signed treaties with our allies? I think you know the answer to this already, but I'd like to see your response in writing. Thanks./

You mean the profit making military industrial complex would lose out on a lot of their "blood money?"

/What profit? The U.S. military spends money, not make it. And, why do you suppose the U.S. Congress appropriates money to fund the U.S. military since before 1776?/

On 11/25/2014 06:32 AM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Funny thing is... we had it won by 2008. We had an Iraqi army in training... yes training and relative calm and order established when our *Dear One* decided that He needed to fulfill his campaign promise to bring the troops home, before the Iraqis were really ready. Now we're in this current situation that Bush and everyone else warned would happen if we left prematurely. How long would we have needed to stay? Who knows? We still have troops in Duetschland and Japan and they aren't seen as occupiers but as allies. Four thousand lives, hundreds of thousands of minds and limbs, trillions of dollars, and hopes for a stabilizing force for peace in a region, flushed down the toilet for a campaign promise and now we may be need to return and do it all again or face a worse situation. Did you notice, barely mentioned in the news, that the troops are not coming home from Afghanistan by the end of 2014, as promised? Yes, now they're staying... indefinitely. Surprise surprise!