If the Vice documentary is correct IS has Iran on their agenda. Love to see them try that as Iran will take care of exterminating them.

On 11/25/2014 10:36 AM, jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Fleetwood,

IMO, Iraq and Syria have become a world problem. We now have seen the threat of the Islamist State if they took over the land. IS will massacre innocent people who won't submit to their beliefs within their dominion. IS will continue to usurp power and lands win the Middle East. If and when they succeed, the European countries and the USA will be next in their agenda.

My recommendation would be have an international force, particularly those from Arab countries, to eliminate IS, maintain peace and stabilize Iraq and Syria. Also, it would be necessary to let the governments be truly democratic that will fairly distribute the power and wealth to all people, including the various ethnic minorities in those lands.

You know that sign in gift shops, "you break it, you buy it"? Same thing applies here - We own the mess. I was a little naive about our intentions in Iraq when we went in the first time, but after I saw the deliberate sacking of their national museum, and have recognized since that we were solely protecting our interests, their culture be damned. This being the case, we will only attract those who need work, into the Iraqi army, not those who truly want to defend their country. Remember "Vietnamization", where we trained a similar army in S. Vietnam, to fight their own battles? The country was overrun in a couple of years. Same thing will happen in Iraq, if we don't land troops again. What a mess.

Entrenched corruption in the Iraqi military is undermining the fight against the Islamic State. This is the downside in relying on a questionable army to carry out the task of suppressing the Islamists. If conditions get worse, US troops may end up fighting in Iraq again.

In the meantime, Iran is secretly working on acquiring Iraq if things fall apart.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iraq-corrupt-government-weapons-reportedly-133416968.html

    • Re: [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • Re: [FairfieldL... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]