There are many different definitions of enlightenment, depending on your
tradition.

 Many/most/all of the people that Rick interviews might meet the definition of
enlightenment in one tradition, but not in another.

 Certainly, the TM people, with their highly enhanced and strong sense-of-self,
wouldn't be counted as even somewhat enlightened in a tradition that says that
sense-of-self is an illusion.

 And of course, people who are in CC for a year (more or less the criteria that
Fred uses) aren't necessarily in GC or UC, and even if they were, there's
always room for further growth.

 Since they were likely culled f rom participants in the ongoing Invincible
America course, we can be pretty sure that none of them have floated regularly
during the course, or we'd have hard about it, so we can be certain they can't
be in truly mature UC, as defined by MMY, because that would require them to be
able to float at any time, and if they couldn't float during TM-SIdhis
practice, they certainly weren't floating outside it, either..

 And yet you don't accept the idea that most of the BATGAP interview people are
enlightened. What's the difference between then And Fred's people? Both groups
claim enlightenment and that is the only thing they have that may indicate they
are enlightened - their word. In both cases I think the vast majority of them
are either lying for attention or experiencing self delusion. Much like
yourself.