*From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

The Maharishi Effect has always, at least in the theoretical discussions, been a "big numbers" effect that requires statistical analysis to catch.

It's rubbish in other words.

On 11/26/2014 1:42 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:

*/I was going to insert an edit and change the last word of Lawson's sentence from "catch" to "fake." :-)/*

You, Sir, are a phoney. WTF do you think 200 hippies were doing out in the middle of the night meditating together with Fred if it wasn't the ME?

/"I've seen someone levitate. Many times. In many settings, from the Los Angeles Convention Center to the Anza-Borrego Desert to a Denny's restaurant in the wee hours of the night."/ - TurquoiseB

Subject: TM is a Cult?
Author: TurquoiseB
Group: Yahoo Fairfieldife
Date: Friday, 23 May 2014
http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife%40yahoogroups.com/msg317597.html

*/
/*
*/It's still a weird moment when I run into someone who actually seems to believe in the ME. It's like encountering an actual person who believes that the earth is only a few thousand years old -- part of me is repulsed, like when you see the geek in a traveling carnival show, but another part is so astounded that someone can possibly believe this stuff that I can't look away.
/*
*/
/*
*/People must be really, really desperate for attention to still be seeking "credit" for saving the world by bouncing on their butts. It's as if they're hoping someday their groupie status will be so big people will ask for their autographs.
/*

*/Speaking of autographs, I was somewhat subdued in my FFL posting yesterday because I was still savoring the discovery that I got mentioned by name in Bruce Cockburn's new memoir "Rumours Of Glory." It's just one paragraph recalling a time we met briefly in Toronto, but it was good to know that he'd actually read the piece I wrote it up in, and remembered it. For a Cockburn fan that's like 15 seconds were added to my lifetime 15 minutes of fame, so I understand the butt-bouncers' desire to have someone pat them on the back and say, "Hey...great job saving the world!" :-)/*

*/
/*