Yaw, I've veen vatching zeezon vree of "Lillyhammer" on da Netflix. In zee epizode vour zee staff at ze Flamingo are learnzing meditation, not ze TM kind but ze "mindfulness" kind. It alzo zeems zey hast gottzen tired of cold and snowy Norvay and shot zum zeens in Rio.

On 11/26/2014 04:37 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
*/Tormod, it may interest you to know that the person who has been giving you such a hard time while posting anonymously as Nablusos1008 also lives in Norway.
/*
*/
/*
*/He *claims* to have been a TM teacher and even claims to have spent some time on TM Purusha courses in the past. But it's important to remember that these are unsubstantiated claims because 1) he posts anonymously, so no one knows his name, 2) as far as we can tell he wouldn't be allowed anywhere near a real TM facility these days because of his association with and promotion of Off The Program teachers such as Benjamin Creme, and 3) he spends so much of his time being angry and lashing out at anyone who isn't him that it's doubtful he ever meditated a day in his life.
/*
*/
/*
*/Nabby (our nickname for him, since literally no one here takes him seriously) is regarded by most as a crank. He tends to write about his belief in aliens that he calls the "Space Brothers" and about the supposed savior "Maitreya" touted by his real teacher Benjamin Creme, who has been about to appear any day now for almost thirty years. Without ever appearing, of course. :-)
/*
*/
/*
*/If you're there "on the ground" in Norway and in touch with real TMers, ask around. Someone probably knows who this guy claiming to be a former TM teacher really is. Let us know when you find out. /*

*From:* "Tormod Kinnes tkin...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:24 PM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: Guru Dev's teachings and those of Maharishi

RALLYING THROUGH SUSPICIONS

Nablusoss1008 - if that is your real name . . .

    I would not have written what I did if Maharishi had not himself
    warned that  this exact situation would arise some time in the
    future. I've never for a moment believed that Paul Mason has the
    Movement's progress as one of his priorities.
    As for the rest of what you wrote it's mostly blabber, same stuff
    as your "review" of An Autobiography of A Yogi.

Every wild donkey has a right to be on its guard of predators and humans. You look much more like a clown to me, but . . . you may be on the side of Jesus. He not only suspected his family contained enemies who would kill him - and they tried to - but warned in public that "a man's enemies will be the members of his own household." (Matthew 10:36). You are not of my household, thanks God!

Go and suspect wisely and well on Biblical ground, you! But don't be rash.

There is Buddha's great advice to investigate - going against dumb belief - a help to suspect well, try to live wisely and well, a candle in a dark, dark cave:

    "Etha tumhe Kalama. Ma anussavena, ma paramparaya, ma itikiraya,
    ma pitasampadanena, ma takkahetu, ma nayahetu, ma
    akaraparivitakkena, nid ditthinijjhanakkhantiya, ma
    bhabbarupataya, ma samanro no garu ti."

It says, in one translation:

    Do not accept anything on mere hearsay (ie, thinking that thus
    have we heard it for a long time).
    Do not accept anything by mere tradition (ie, thinking that it has
    been handed down thus through many generations).
    Do not accept anything on account of rumours (ie, by believing
    what others say without any investigation).
    Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures.
    Do not accept anything by mere supposition.
    Do not accept anything by mere inference.
    Do not accept anything by merely considering the appearances.
    Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your
    preconceived notions.
    Do not accept anything merely because it seems acceptable (ie,
    should be accepted).
    Do not accept anything thinking that the ascetic is respected by
    us (and that therefore it is right to accept his word.)
    But when you know for yourselves - these things are immoral, these
    things are blameworthy, these things are censured by the wise,
    these things, when performed and undertaken, conduce to ruin and
    sorrow - then reject them.
    When you know for yourselves - these things are moral, these
    things are blameless, these things are praised by the wise, these
    things, when performed and undertaken, conduce to well-being and
    happiness - then live and act accordingly." [This section: Bht 284-85]

So, try to benefit from the art of suspicion also, learn to investigate like a human.

By the way, anonymous posters are a motley crew with many uncultivable cowards in it ... You can take it to heart. I do not say you were a fool with misplaced suspicions - that's where civil manners and decency help out - up to a point.

As for me, I was fooled by Autobiography of a Yogi. What I have taken up in may Amazon review of Autobiography of a Yogi takes off from a blend of own experiences and facts. And there are many more facts I could have gone into. Some are here, on my own net place and hosted by a Norwegian university: http://oaks.nvg.org/ayol.html

--
T. Kinnes

  • [FairfieldLife]... Tormod Kinnes tkin...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... nablusoss1008