Hmmm...

 TM is sold in the USA as a stress-management practice, so people who are
feeling stressed are likely more interested than not.

 But some pretty stable people can still feel stressed.

 I know of presidents of 3 different countries who are on record as practicing
TM, for example.

 2 of them are currently in office, and one became well-known for promoting TM
while in office.

 Do you really think that it's the most stable, conservatively minded people
who would be interested in TM, or any spiritual technique, or path?

 I don't.

 I think by nature, those who take to a spiritual path, are probably a little
off kilter to begin with.

 And I'd guess, it's always been that way.

 salyavin, I think you make a good point that some TMers were simply born more
stable or whatever. I've also noticed that kapha types are often very calm and
grounded most of the time. Sometimes such people don't really get how different
life is for other people who weren't born that way. So these types are stable,
but they can lack vision and empathy. I think we all have our innate gifts and
flaws.