I guess not, but I still didn't see "dosha" used, or is dosha referring to the
6 enemies?

 So, Lawson, you don't know what you're talking about. Study up on the word
Dosha from the Sanskrit dictionary. Thanks.

 Here is Brahmananda Saraswati, talking about "the six enemies" (aka "stress"):
 "In truth then victory is really this; for the one who has no risk of inner
defeat. In truth, by the suppression only of outer (usual) enemies no one can
become permanently victorious; because from those enemies there is no lasting
suppression. True knowledge of victory occurs then from obtaining control over
internal enemies. Really, only by the permanent subjugation of internal enemies
is the subjugation of the external enemy achieved; because the inner enemy
gives rise to the creation of the external enemies.

The internal enemies are kaama (lust), krodha (anger), lobha (greed), moha
(delusion), mada (intoxification) and maatsarya (jealousy). This is really the
shhaDarivarga, the group of six inner enemies which create any external enemies
of the world; therefore if you wish to experience happiness and peace one must
gain victory over all one's gross enemies, then you should cut off the place of
birth of the six subtle enemies, kaama (lust), krodha (anger), lobha (greed),
moha (delusion), mada(intoxification) and maatsarya (jealousy). Without gaining
victory over the shhaDarivarga (group of six enemies) then you cannot
completely irradicate the external enemies. This is fixed.

This is the proven experience of those who have gained victory over these
internal subtle enemies, that if the birthplace of the external enemies becomes
destroyed and all enemies have become eradicated then afterwards no enemies
remain and in truth this is considered to be a real victory. For him the true
and lasting store-house of happiness and peace is opened."

 Jai Guru Dev

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Doshas aren't stress, in Maharishi's eyes, as far as I know.

 Samskaras are stress.

 The term doṣa literally means "contamination" but I don't think that Maharishi
ever used it in that sense. That is more a Buddhist thing to use doṣa to refer
to lust, etc..

 Are you beginning to 'get' what MMY was talking about when he was talking
about stress? Lust, Anger, Greed to name a few, (the doshas).

These, are the sleeping elephants MMY used to talk about in the early days,
IMHO.

  • [FairfieldLife]... wgm4u
    • [Fairfield... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]