Yep, an easy way to slake the lust of the participants, all dressed up as
something else, to provide a social context. Like they say, no one buys
Playboy, to read the articles - lol. Yes, a pretty simple arrangement, but
maybe too simple, especially for any kids.

 Personally, I would find it impossible to give all of my heart, to two or more
women - There are literally endless ways of demonstrating love, and being
loving, even in marriage - gasp. I don't see any need to complicate things
further.

 My wife just bought me a t-shirt, that reads, "If things get any worse, I'll
have to ask you to stop helping".

 My wife occasionally enjoys a nip of scotch, and has always been a dancer, so
the one I bought her, reads, vertically:

 "Whiskey
 Tango
 Foxtrot"

 :-)

 I would be surprised if there was a five year plan in such relationships.  I'd
be surprised if there was a three year plan.

 But the idea of having three parents, and then having one of them voted off
the island, or deciding to vamoose would seem to be more detrimental to a child
than a divorce between two parents.

 But I don't think it is a matter of simply living and loving together.

 I think the policy dictates an open door to any short term or long term sexual
relationship.

 Yes, polyamory is basically there, to take care of lust. Humans, though, do
themselves a disservice getting addicted to it. Part of Barry's many problems,
is that he never made the transition, from lust, to intimacy (which
incorporates plenty of lust), and doesn't understand the difference - hence, no
long-term relationships for him, ever. I doubt he has even lived with a woman
for longer than a year, during his entire adult life. He just doesn't get it.

 Maybe. What I think is that although it is in the nature of mammals, including
us, to be controlled to a certain extent by our hormones and our egos, we are
prone to being attracted to a number of different sexual partners during our
lifetime. On the other hand, there is also some deep-seated desire to share
with and to be loved and nurtured by another and for long periods of time. We
seem to like to be liked and looked after and appreciated and we crave a
certain level of security. The idea of marriage seems to provide this. The
reality can be quite different but that hasn't kept a lot of us from attempting
marriage nevertheless. To start to introduce the elements of multiple partners
all living and loving together under the same roof and throw a child into that
mix then all of the complications inherent in monogamous relationships seem to
be able to exponentially increase because human traits tend to get thrown
wildly into the mix. Chief among these characteristics would be jealousy,
possessiveness, envy, lack of self confidence, doubt. But I am willing to
investigate further - not as a possibility for myself - but as a general peek
into what motivates people to share their sexual love with multiple partners
while at the same time thinking of their relationships as way deeper than sex
and need.

            • ... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
  • Re: [FairfieldL... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]