Aimee Semple McPherson was one of the most glamorous women in the US in the
1920s.

 She must of had the most amazing EEG's to look at.

 Nothing boring about this diva:

 Had she drowned? Had she staged the ultimate theatrical stunt? Had the weight
of her own fame just become too much? Then one day in June she re-emerged in
the small town of Agua Prieta on the Mexico-Arizona border.
 The term Foursquare Gospel comes from the book of Ezekiel, who saw God
revealed with four different faces: a man, a lion, an ox and an eagle

 "She was a spellbinding speaker," says Sutton.
 These were no ordinary sermons - they were more like music hall performances.
"She had the best actors, the best set designers, the best costumes, the best
make-up artists and professional lighting," says Sutton. "She would create
these stories, these dramas in which biblical stories would come to life."

 "She knew how to use dramatic tricks to draw audiences, and so she turned out
to be enormously popular. What made her most popular was her seeming ability to
lay hands on the sick and to heal them."

 http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30148022
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30148022

 turquoiseb writes:

 I should point out that I can actually tolerate narcissistic bores. I studied
many years each with Maharishi and Fred Lenz - Rama, after all.

 What I can't tolerate is unintelligent, uninteresting, buffoonish narcissistic
bores.

steve.sundur wrote :

 Barry, this is just a guess, but I really think you have too much time on your
hands.

 From: "Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

 Fleetwood would not be able to convince Barry he is enlightened as Barry
regards him as a narcissistic bore.

 :-)

      • Re: ... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
        • ... nablusoss1008