Re "Oh my God is that even legal!":

 That's what I thought. If I had been the producer of the show I might have
refused to transmit that segment. And you have to wonder what the lawyers were
thinking. If the victim had decided to sue the program for trauma suffered I'd
have expected him to win his case. Presumably he felt the attraction of getting
his 15 minutes of fame was a compensation he'd rather have. Definitely deeply
disturbing viewing though.

 Re "Did you see the one where he ran a management training course but trained
them to commit armed robbery?

 Yep. That was very, very impressive!

 Re "Or the one where he strolled round town mugging people by politely asking
them for directions and then asking for their car keys and wallets!":

 Yes, again. That "confusion" technique is being used by criminal gangs to mug
people for real. Now that we've seen Derren do it we wouldn't fall for it . . .
would we?

 I like to think not but I know we all have different ways of reacting to
unexpected interactions. Some of us freeze, some of us oblige and some realise
something is wrong. Do we know which type we are beforehand?

 I remember in his 'Trick or Treat' series he would choose his victims from a
questionnaire to work out how suited they were for his little games. My
favourite was the one where he got a bright young girl and said that all she
had to do was sit in a room for half an hour. The room had a window and some
magazine to read but also had a kitten in a cage with big red button next to it.

 She was told she could do anything except push the red button because the
kitten will die if she does. Then we sit and watch her go insane until, with a
second to go, she pushed the button. Big electrical spark and bang and she
collapses in shock, Derren rushes in to comfort her and reassure her the kitten
isn't actually dead. But why couldn't she stop herself?

 He seems to play on the fact we don't know what our unconscious needs and
skills don't fall into enemy hands.

 Did you see the one where he zaps a guy playing a video game and then puts him
into a "real-life" situation where he's being attacked by zombies? Follow this
link (not for the faint-hearted) . . .
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SYhYLt-Vgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SYhYLt-Vgg

 Oh my God is that even legal!

  Re "Like the man and woman with him touching things and her drawing them. How
did she do that?":

Search me. One possibility is that the camera crew following the old geezer can
let her know what's being touched and she can then add subliminal suggestions
in the chat she gives to his wife. (Don't forget we're seeing an *edited*
version of what's going on.)
 The rest of the series (another three episodes) is also posted on YouTube and
the others are even stronger than this first one.

 Yes, like you, although I'm entertained by this kind of mind control it is
also a bit worrying that people can be so easily manipulated without being
consciously aware of it. Makes you wonder how far we're being controlled in our
everyday lives.

 Derren Brown could rule the world if he wanted to. Maybe he already does. Did
you see the one where he ran a management training course but trained them to
commit armed robbery without them knowing? And they did it. How scary was that!

 And on the last Channel 4 show he did he worked out someone's mobile phone
number by doing card tricks! Or the one where he strolled round town mugging
people by politely asking them for directions and then asking for their car
keys and wallets! I love this psychological manipulation stuff, it makes me
think there's a key to people you can work out and then do what you like but
I'll bet he just wants it to look like that.

 I also like to think that it wouldn't work on me, but don't have much
confidence about that. Clearly we really are all half aware.

 I've only seen a bit of this K Mills video so far but the dwarf policeman
stunt seemed like the sort of thing that can't be misinterpreted all that
easily! You either guess it right or you don't...