On 11/29/2014 7:14 AM, Share Long wrote:

Richard, just in case Rick closes FFL given recent events, and if you join another group, please let me know about that group. I'd like to join too.

Share - There used to be a group called the Bhagavad Gita Lab - don't know what happened to it. Sometimes I post to a Google Group, which is un-moderated. Recently I joined a Yahoo Group moderated by Paul Mason and I plan to post some more of my Sri Vidya musings that you might be interested in reading. /So much to do - so little time./

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/alt.meditation <https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#%21forum/alt.meditation>

*From:* "'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Friday, November 28, 2014 8:53 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Buddha was every inch a Hindu

On 11/28/2014 8:07 PM, sri...@ymail.com <mailto:sri...@ymail.com> wrote:

Buddha was every inch a Hindu - Koenraad Elst <https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/buddha-was-every-inch-a-hindu-koenraad-elst/>

According to Professor Flood, there were no "Hindus" in the historical Buddha's time. /"The actual term Hindu first occurs as a Persian geographical term for the people who lived beyond the river Indus."/ The term Hindu then was a geographical term and did not refer to a religion.

Work cited:

Flood, Gavin (Editor) (2003). *The Blackwell Companion to Hinduism*. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing Ltd. p.6.

  • [FairfieldLife]... srijau
        • [F... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]