C: I think that is at the heart of it. I say this because I often get personal
insult responses to things I write here that are purely a critique of Maharishi
and his teaching. Now if you are making a point that Barry also includes a bit
of critique on the people who hold those beliefs, and that offends them I would
go along with that. It wasn't about the babies on either side, that much I am
clear about.

R:  I disagree.  Anyone who has been posting on FFLife for any length has come
to expect criticism of Maharishi. We are inured to it; water off a duck's back
so to speak. The funny thing is that critics of Maharishi are so frozen in time
with hurts and gripes about him they fail to see no one gives a shit. Rather
than take responsibility for being down right ornery just for the hell of it,
they continue to imagine their impotent barbs offend "true believers."

R: Baby abuse in just an escalation of his usual button pushing MO, the image
of which would offend the sensibilities of any normal human being irrespective
of their affiliation with Maharishi.

C: No babies were harmed in the posting. It was not suggested that babies
should be harmed. It was a gross line but nothing that someone who watches
South Park would be too alarmed at in the way it was being used. No need to
clutch pearls. (tip of the hat to you.)

R: Your "no babies were harmed" and South Park defense of Barry is a silly
distraction from the issue of his behavior and a huge assumption the pearl
clutching lurkers you are so concerned cannot discern personal attack from
satire would not be offended by or misconstrue Barry's "metaphor" invoking
child abuse. You can't have it both ways, Curtis. It's likely lurkers will
"get" satire making fun of Barry and have a good laugh. No one in their right
mind thinks the use of a child abuse "metaphor" to "push buttons" is funny
under any circumstance...except Barry, of course.

R:Yes, I do see the difference between a personal accusation and satire, do you?

C: I believe I was pointing that out myself, so yes. Even satire on dead public
figures and living persons have different rules of engagement, or should IMO.

R:Anyone reading my posts would have to be an idiot not to "get" the satire of
my posts making fun of Barry.

R: So you are making a case that people reading internet posts cannot be
idiots? I'm sure you really do get the distinction I was making. As an isolated
post it might have not taken on the "Maharishi" effect it achieved on top of
more direct accusations. I do think you are a funny person Raunchy and I get
your intent I think.

R: BTW In response to Barry's faux victim outrage,

C: Having been the target of a similar routine I am less inclined to see it as
faux outrage. There is something really unsettling about seeing the intent of
your words twisted into this accusation. You realize that someone wants to
actually hurt your fer real real.

R: I'm waiting for the Dutch police to come clattering after me in their wooden
shoes.

C: I am a fan of your clever humor Rauchy. Always have been.