 So where do the esoteric experiences you have described from meditation come
from if not from the Absolute?

 From my head. My head creates my experience of the world outside and
meditation changes how the different parts of the brain communicates so that my
subjective world alters too. I think. It's either that or some mystical thing
that is beyond our understanding. So I stick with materialism until proved
otherwise because we know our brains are running the show and we've no reason
to suspect there is need of any other forces to create consciousness. While it
remains poorly understood there will always be wiggle room for people to sneak
in ideas that make it seem more than it is.

 In addition I am watching Hammond talk about seeing Marshy - this guy was
hallucinating and that's about it.

 I felt a bit sorry for him after a while. But he lives in an exciting world, I
never get to speak with God....

 How was the Mockingjay movie?