I do think something should be done. This used to be a good forum, although it
has always been a contentious one. It has degenerated recently and some of the
best posters have left, and I think some action is needed to revive it. I
suggest a restoration of the posting limits, which actually worked pretty well
for some time. A little policing from the moderators would not go amiss either.
For example, the recent post that contained the obscene phrase, which I will
not repeat here, should have been deleted by the moderators as a breach of
community standards.

 Dear, Dear Rick;  How about taking the month of December to suspend posting at
all to FFL? Start anew with posting on January 1st.  Let thy people re-pattern
their lives silent as a period of time to reflect elsewhere. Time for a
re-groove, a retreading of the tires of the forum that is FairfieldLife. It
should be better for everyone and for what FFL would be.

 With the Best of Regards,
 The FFL Patriarch Of Positivity
 -Buck in the Dome

 WLeed3@...> writes :

 I will leave the form tooooo much nasty hateful thought forms via here via:
verbiage & back biting & not enough re Fairfield IA & few good vibes, I agree
with Buck. Col Wm D, Leed IV, best in all till it may be cleaned up Rick & all.

 Of late on FairfieldLife it feels like that sweep of IS across Syria has
spread and happened over FFL as an open forum.

It is now time for meditation on FFL,
 -Buck

 Dear Rick, I feel really sorry for you that you are left with just this
cesspool of negativity from the recent separation in the FFL membership. This
is not what we had hoped for with the forum as we started FarifieldLife these
many years ago at Yahoo-groups. It is not too late to re-think this forum as a
place for healthy discussions to occur. I hope for a better future here, -Buck
in the Dome

fleetwood_macncheese@...> wrote :

 Rick, I am sorry, but a forum where anyone is allowed to suggest sexual
violence AGAINST children, is not someplace I want to be. I am truly sorry
things have degenerated to this point. I am local to the Yahoo corporation, and
am considering a detailed notice to the Yahoo administrators, including screen
names, of this current activity.

 Barry makes one excuse after another, about using this foul, sexually
perverted, and unbalanced voice, and is clearly not well. This is no longer a
healthy environment for anyone to participate in.

 I am all for differing opinions on here, but you have allowed one individual's
mental illness to co-opt what could be a fun place to hang out, and I guess I
am one of the casualties. See ya!!

[...]

      • [Fairf... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLife]... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]