The scientists forgot about Jupiter's transit in Cancer, his exalted sign of
the zodiac.  It appears that the Sierra Nevada Mountains would be packed with
snow this winter, given the rain that we're getting now.  So, that should
provide a lot of water for next year.

 Maybe the scientists were wrong about the El Nino being too small to end
 the drought. If this keeps up the drought will be over. Only problem
 is that some folks may now have to deal with flooding. And we get to
 deal with drivers who can't drive when it's dry let alone raining.