-In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote :

 On 12/2/2014 8:36 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

   I don't know what you are talking about Buck.

 Maybe so, Curtis, but Jim didn't call the police and fink on anyone. Do you
have any comments on that?

C: Sure Richard, I welcome a writing prompt on this topic. I believe you are on
the wrong side of that issue.

First of all the concept of "finking" is context dependent and rooted in middle
school values of "us against them." It is also found in gangs and other
criminal enterprises and prisons where it is used to intimidate people who are
getting exploited or abused in those closed systems.

It is not a concept that stands on its own as an adult concept for people not
engaged in group criminal enterprises. And it especially shouldn't be invoked
by someone who through the years has himself attempted to get the moderators
and even Yahoo groups supervisors themselves involved in what is said here.
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it you who recently was making a case that
this site violates Yahoo's policy on pornography (erroneously IMO)?

But back to a deeper issue. Jim and Nabbie had crossed a critical line of
meaning to do harm to Barry in his real life here. They deliberately
misconstrued what he had said to advocate on a public board that he be
investigated in his real life for  something horrible. I work in school. This
kind of misunderstanding can move so fast and destroy lives so ruthlessly that
I have all sorts of safeguards to protect myself when working in schools. It
only takes an innuendo in this area to destroy a professional career. Just
yesterday two girls in my class went off together to work in quiet in a back
room of the teacher's office to construct their instruments. I was there to
help the kids with their projects. I could not enter the room they were in to
help them or even tell them to come back to the group. I had to locate a female
staff member and get her to go back alone with the two girls. That is how red
hot this issue is and the stakes are high for my livelihood. When someone on
this forum tried to pull the same thing on me I was terrified about my job.
Once I realized that it was his intent to harm me in my real world with his
lies I was trapped. What could I do? Luckily for me he also outed someone's
personal identity so he was booted, but that taught me a serious lesson here.
Some people want to harm you fer real real.

If I had had Barry's knowledge of who could have helped me fight back legally,
I would have used it. He was right to nip that shit in the bud before it harmed
him. You never know how the process of even checking on an accusation by an
agency can destroy a family and people's lives. And this complication creates a
distraction from the actual cases which are going unexamined because of people
using this accusation as a weapon. I am a committed child advocate and all
these issues cut me to the quick. This is serious shit to me.

So I reject the concept of not "finking" as a concept I value. I would gladly
tell the appropriate authorities about either people exploiting children or
people using our societal outrage as a malicious weapon against someone
unfairly, as was happening to Barry."Snitches get stitches" is the intimidation
code of people who exploit others through intimidation and it is destroying
communities in my neighborhood through ignorance and misplaced allegiance.
Where I live crime goes under-reported because of this kind of ignorant
attitude.

You and I have found our way to a reasonable relationship here Richard. I think
you have gone overboard with your attitude toward Barry and it has clouded your
judgement about a pretty clear ethical line that got crossed. In the end the
two who were in the wrong left and peace should be restored to the kingdom. If
you will let it drop.

 Jim was one of the worst negative name-callers on the forum for years. The
place is waaaay better off without him. Same with Nabbie. The post you posted
on below is a blatant lie meant to hurt the reputation of another poster
through distortion of his intent. It was way beyond trolling and along with
Nabbie represented a line that should not have been crossed. I'd say he left
just in time because he was escalating to an actionable level as Barry defended
himself legally. And you seem to be going along with that.

 Why? Because you are a name caller and a negative influence constantly framing
other points of view in the weird language of religious fundamentalist
ignorance. Your insincere persona is part of the problem IMO. You are not
showing up here authentically, so I don't know who you are or what you really
represent. I believe you yourself are confused and conflicted. I don't know
what you deem "healthy discussions" but I have rarely seen you instigate or
participate in one. You are a slogan slinger, not a careful thinker.

 How about the discussion of George's overthrow of Maharishi's teaching? You
heard the guy. You know what Maharishi taught. Do you believe that Maharishi
and Jesus have not seen God? That is what he claimed in the questions. That
NONE of the luminaries in his band of spiritual gypsies on the other side has
seen God. So basically all GC is bullshit. Did you consider that as you put
Barry and I down for speculating that perhaps we need another explanation for
why George was making such claims than that he really IS BRIGHU? And this is
all in terms of the teaching itself, not my POV on reality. You pretend to be
such a solder for the cause of Maharshi's vision, but you can't speak up about
a guy literally ripping the teaching to shreds in a public forum with old time
Maharishi leaders high fiving him.

 And you think that Barry or me voicing our disagreements with Maharishi's
claims are the biggest problem right now.

 You are not keeping your eye on the ball "Buck." Rome is burning and you are
watering your plants.

<dhamiltony2k5@...> mailto:dhamiltony2k5@... wrote :

 Dear Rick, I feel really sorry for you that you are left with just this
cesspool of negativity from the recent separation in the FFL membership. This
is not what we had hoped for with the forum as we started FarifieldLife these
many years ago at Yahoo-groups. It is not too late to re-think this forum as a
place for healthy discussions to occur. I hope for a better future here, -Buck
in the Dome

 fleetwood_macncheese@...> wrote :

 Rick, I am sorry, but a forum where anyone is allowed to suggest sexual
violence AGAINST children, is not someplace I want to be. I am truly sorry
things have degenerated to this point. I am local to the Yahoo corporation, and
am considering a detailed notice to the Yahoo administrators, including screen
names, of this current activity.

 Barry makes one excuse after another, about using this foul, sexually
perverted, and unbalanced voice, and is clearly not well. This is no longer a
healthy environment for anyone to participate in.

 I am all for differing opinions on here, but you have allowed one individual's
mental illness to co-opt what could be a fun place to hang out, and I guess I
am one of the casualties. See ya!!

  • [FairfieldLife]... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]