A friend last year was complaining of "old people's disease" during winter. I recalled that at the farmer's market he had loaded up on lettuce. So I asked him if he was eating a lot of salad which he was. I suggested soups instead. He was probably getting a bit too alkaline from the salads which gave him arthritis like symptoms.

On 12/03/2014 09:23 AM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Boy, Bhairitu, did I hear about a vexing diet yesterday! Created by a Dr. Wahl maybe. Happens in three stages. My friend's friends are in Stage 3 wherein one eats meat, greens, fruits and veggies. That's it! She was having a salad. I never eat salad, especially in cold weather. I had salmon, broccoli and a puff pastry filled with mushed up veggies, totally yummy.

*From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Wednesday, December 3, 2014 11:17 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] 84% of Vegetarians and Vegans Return to Meat.

Animal activists should emphasize reduction, not elimination, of eating
meat.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201412/84-vegetarians-and-vegans-return-meat-why?

I recall a lot of people Seattle TMers back in the late 1970 who ditched
vegetarian diets and returned to eating meat and felt better. Of course
diet is individual and never shotgun.