 On 12/03/2014 11:29 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 On 12/03/2014 09:27 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 Animal activists should emphasize reduction, not elimination, of eating
 meat.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201412/84-vegetarians-and-vegans-return-meat-why?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201412/84-vegetarians-and-vegans-return-meat-why?

 I recall a lot of people Seattle TMers back in the late 1970 who ditched
 vegetarian diets and returned to eating meat and felt better. Of course
 diet is individual and never shotgun.

 At the last count I know five long term vegetarians in the TMO who have had to
have vitamin B12 injections due to sudden dramatic collapses in health.

 Some just aren't suited to it it seems. Just eating meat twice a week does
loads of good for both the planet and your health if your body is so inclined.
I know quite a few people who have never been veggie who say they feel much
better for going 5-2, as they call it.

 I was a strict veggie for decades and never had a problem, but would that have
continued? I don't know but when a 55 year old vegan friend of mine was told he
had the bones of an 90 year old it was sobering for everyone that knew
him..__.___

 When one is young the body can tolerate more dietary changes but as you get
older not so much.  A naturopath showed me in 1972 a simple way to determine if
I was becoming anemic which I was just after two weeks of trying a vegetarian
diet.

 Two weeks? No way! I'd skip the rice and dhal and get some quality burgers
down you pronto. I lost a lot of weight when I tried veganism but I didn't like
the thought of all that dairy in my veggie diet. I needn't have worried as I
get regular cholesterol and blood tests at my GP and I appear to be
astoundingly healthy, which is odd as I do have a slight predilection for cream
cakes and chocolate. Perfect genes I reckon. Or just lucky so far....

 When I had my first checking session after learning TM I had no idea what it
was going to entail and had come from eating a prime rib BBQ sandwich.  Had a
great meditation though.

 Maharshy said that the best food for you was the one that you had a good
transcend with afterwards. It's that self-referal thang. Some good wisdom there
anyway!

  • [FairfieldLife] 84% o... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [FairfieldLi... Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... salyavin808