On 12/5/2014 10:57 PM, jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

> The Hebrews found that the other religions of the past lacked the
> depth to describe the true nature of the human consciousness in
> relationship with the unified field--which the Hebrews understood to
> be Yahweh.

According to what I've read, the Zohar (Hebrew - splendor  or radiance)
is the foundational work in the literature of Jewish mystical thought
known as Kabbalah. The Kabbalah (Hebrew - receiving) is a discipline and
school of thought concerned with the mystical aspect of Judaism.

It is a set of esoteric teachings meant to explain the relationship
between an eternal/mysterious Creator  and the mortal/finite universe
(His creation). Kabbalah seeks to define the nature of the universe and
the human being, the nature and purpose of existence, and various other
ontological  questions. It also presents methods to aid understanding of
these concepts and to thereby attain spiritual realization.

"Kabbalah originally developed entirely within the realm of Jewish
thought and constantly uses classical Jewish sources to explain and
demonstrate its esoteric teachings. These teachings are thus held by
Kabbalists to define the inner meaning of both the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible)
and traditional rabbinic literature, as well as to explain the
significance of Jewish religious observances."