This brings back some pleasant memories. I had a used BMW 2002. It finally 
disintegrated at about the age of 30. Before that I had a new BMW 1600, a 
previous model in the late 60s. One summer I drove that one far into the Yukon 
in Canada. By the time I returned the shocks were totally shot from all the 
potholes in dirt roads. Before leaving I replaced the rimless tires with tube 
tires as it was less likely they would be damaged and lose air due to rocks and 
holes in the road. I lived in a tent for a while, but started sleeping in the 
car after rain and mosquitoes became too prevalent. In my old age here, I am 
not likely to repeat such a journey.
 

---In [email protected], <turquoiseb@...> wrote :

 There are people who write because that's they have to use to convey 
information, and then there are people who write because they love language. 
Similarly, there are people who drive cars because the cars get them from one 
place to another, and then there are people who drive cars because they love to 
drive. 

 

 I have always been a combination of the latter qualities of the two pairs, so 
I grew up appreciating that long-lost era of Car & Driver and Road & Track 
magazines, in which great writers drove great cars and then wrote about them. I 
actually remember this classic review by David E. Davis. It's as good today as 
it was then. 

 

 Read The Car Review That Every Autojourno Has Tried To Copy 
http://jalopnik.com/read-the-car-review-that-every-autojourno-since-has-tri-1666890468
 

  
  
 
http://jalopnik.com/read-the-car-review-that-every-autojourno-since-has-tri-1666890468
  
  
  
  
  
 Read The Car Review That Every Autojourno Has Tried To... 
http://jalopnik.com/read-the-car-review-that-every-autojourno-since-has-tri-1666890468
 As I sit here, fresh from the elegant embrace of BMW's new 2002, it occurs to 
me that something between nine and ten million Americans are going to make a 
terrible ...


 
 View on jalopnik.com 
http://jalopnik.com/read-the-car-review-that-every-autojourno-since-has-tri-1666890468
 Preview by Yahoo
 
  

 




Reply via email to