I thought the first graduating class of MIU was mostly older teachers. My
class in 75 (graduated in 79) was the first class with some actual college age
students in it. Interesting to hear how the movement screwed the teachers in
the field. We got screwed another way. We went through phase one during our
forest academies and did our phase two during the summers. We were advised not
to interrupt our education and get our phase three before we graduated. Being a
good boy I listened to that advice. Then when I graduated, ready for phase
three, Maharishi cancelled our credit for our phase one and two! So I had to
work at sidhaland for three years to get back to phase freaking ONE and redue
phase two. If I had done it as part of my degree I would have had the funds as
part of my college education. For a kicker when I had worked for the credit to
redo phase one, my sidhaland didn't have the money so the rejected me for phase
one and I had to switch to another facility to work longer to get back to where
I started with phase one. In my cult addled brain it was all a "test" of my
devotion!

Doing phase two twice gave me an experience of the different cultures between
the field teachers and us whippersnappers. The resentment was understandable in
retrospect.

The callus way that the movement F'ed with our lives

 In the 1970s.  When I became a teacher the idea was "working professionals who
taught TM on the side".  Then about a year after my TTC the MIU graduated it's
first students and then we got the announcement we were to give over teaching
to the MIU grads.  That's when TM lost a lot of teachers as well as
practitioners.  The kids needed mentoring not just an MIU degree.  They lacked
experience in life and couldn't interact well with the wide range of people who
even just came in for checking.  When I came back from TTC I taught a couple
courses with an experienced teacher and was grateful for it.  And I was about
10 years older than a college grad.

 Kinda reminds me of the problem with today's tech industry.

 On 12/19/2014 05:41 AM, Michael Jackson mjackson74@... mailto:mjackson74@...