I didn't have time to check yesterday but I see at least VUDU has episodes 1 and 2 for free so I can see if I agree with your assessment. But I probably will agree given what I've seen Syfy doing lately. They also did this with episode 1 of "Z Nation" which I watched on Amazon which undoubtedly has "Ascension" episodes 1 and 2 free too. VUDU has better picture quality though and I think their servers are local or at least on the west coast.