I love Virginia Woolf. (She's far more readable than her modernist rival James
Joyce. I recall she wasn't that taken with Ulysses. Me neither.)   Even the
name rocks: "Virginia" - suggesting virginal innocence; and "Woolf" -
suggesting the untamed, wild canine. Nice combo.

 In July 1902 she sat for a series of photos. Something magical in the
combination of the ambient light, her contemplative mood, the balance of
chemicals used in the plate, . . ., made the image one of the most beautiful
portraits ever captured. Eat your heart out Katherine Mansfield.

 She wrote an essay called "Am I a Snob?" trying to clear herself of the
charge. But, of course, she was a snob. That's part of her appeal. And to be a
snob must feature quite low on the list of vices - we probably need some snobs
to remind us peasants of our place!

 If you enjoyed Orlando you should enjoy the film version starring Tilda
Swinton. It follows the book quite closely.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MorOaD61KUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MorOaD61KUI