We agree. Even the Old Testament has many references to a fair field.
 “For the fruit felleth from the spirit, and the field of blood turneth to a
fair field, unto this day.” [Obadiah 5:34]
 Sincerely,
 The OT Prophets
 Naveb, Sirrom, Jarmar & Nilegah

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <seerdope@...> wrote :

 I thought Fairfield was a stand in for wherever you are, right now. (or is
that Atman)  Like in the song, That's How I Got to Memphis

 In the series finale of The Newsroom (e3.6):

 Charlie (News Director): “Name that tune.”
 Will (News Anchor):       “Play a little more. …. Tom T. Hall, ‘That’s How I
Got to Memphis’ “

 Charlie:             “You do play a little guitar on the side.”

 Will:                  “I do a little news anchoring on the side. Since when
do you listen to country?”

 Charlie:             “My grandson Beau, Katie’s oldest, he has a garage band.
Ask me what instrument he plays. ”

 Will:                  “Guitar.”

 Charlie:             “All of them. Seriously. He is a savant. You put an
instrument in his hands, give him a day and he can play it. So, I was at their
house last weekend and I wander out to the garage and I see Beau teaching
‘That’s How I Got to Memphis’ to his friends and I ask him, ‘What’s a kid from
New Rochelle singing about Memphis?’ He said, ‘Memphis is a stand-in for
wherever you are right now. That it really means is that’s how I got here.”

 That's how i got to Memphis - The Newsroom cast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuVpT1mv5KY

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuVpT1mv5KY

 That's how i got to Memphis - The Newsroom cast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuVpT1mv5KY The song played in memory of
Charlie Skinner in the last episode of The Newsroom from HBO. I don't own any
rights about it, but i think it was a really...

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuVpT1mv5KY
 Preview by Yahoo

 Vocals: Tom T. Hall
 Words & Music: Tom T. Hall
 Original Album: Ballad of Forty Dollars (Mercury Records - 1969)

 If you love somebody enough, you'll follow wherever they go
 That's how I got to Memphis, that's how I got to Memphis

 If you love somebody enough, you'll go where your heart wants to go
 That's how I got to Memphis, that's how I got to Memphis

 I know if you'd seen her, you'd tell me 'cause you are my friend
 I've got to find her and find out the trouble she's in

 If you tell me that she's not here, I'll follow the trail of her tears
 That's how I got to Memphis, that's how I got to Memphis

 She would get mad and she used to say, that she'd come back to Memphis someday
 That's how I got to Memphis, that's how I got to Memphis

 I haven't eaten a bite or slept for three days and nights
 That's how I got to Memphis, that's how I got to Memphis

 I've got to find her and tell her that I love her so
 I'll never rest till I find out why she had to go

 Thank you for your precious time, forgive me if I start to cryin'
 That's how I got to Memphis, That's how I got to Memphis...

 Original and cover versions

 Tom T. Hall Recording
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDHV4PUZvgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDHV4PUZvgY

 Tom T. Hall live at the Bluebird Cafe

 Tom T. Hall, That's How I Got To Memphis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3XOdvo1MU

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3XOdvo1MU

 Tom T. Hall, That's How I Got To Memphis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3XOdvo1MU http://www.tomthall.net/ Tom T.
Hall at the Bluebird Cafe on March 30, 2011 for Tin Pan South with Peter Cooper
& Eric Brace. http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3XOdvo1MU
 Preview by Yahoo

 New Found Road