Self-selected samples prove nothing.

 Only suitably designed studies can resolve that issue with any certainty, but
even so, the only country we know about where the head of state did TM and was
in a position to seek retribution, didn't, but instead showed higher wisdom
than average, resulting in a relative golden age of growth and peace for this
country

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Meditation and Moral Behaviour

TM claims this, but it definitely does not appear to be true: look what it did
to the people on FFL and even those that left to go to The Peak. My thoughts on
this are the universe has no moral characteristics at all, and meditation TM or
otherwise cannot provide such. Moral considerations are a mental overlay, a
verbal program inserted into the mind, probably based on certain evolutionary
considerations, such as cooperation, that allowed our species to flourish, and
that survival of the family, the tribe, the city, the province or state, the
nation, and the planet are prioritised in that order as mostly hard wiring in
the brain.

 Genocide is a way of life for humans back even hundreds of thousands of years,
if archaeology is any evidence. It is still going on today among people who
meditate and those who do not. Most TM meditators are not in a situation where
genocide would be a potential issue, except perhaps India, where Muslims and
Hindus engage in fighting. Buddhists are not exceptions to the rule, and even
TMer's have committed murder.

 I have never considered the TMO as a moral entity, rather the opposite.
Contrasting violent behaviour with people who talk about meditation and peace
is not the way to study the problem. In the absence of any verbal and cultural
input concerning moral behaviour, would meditation make a group of humans less
likely to commit genocide or otherwise disengage from violent crime?

 When we learn TM we also get a barrel full of verbiage concerning peaceful
behaviour &c., and there are a lot of peacemaking peer related mood-making cues
in the movement to adjust in that direction. But what would happen if you got
Boko Harum to meditate, would they cease their relentless killing, if in
teaching them, they got no verbiage or cues about moral behaviour? Or would
they just overjoyed that in 'becoming more effective' they could kill more each
day, and perhaps get a few extra sex slaves in the bargain, and not be so tired
at the end of the day after all that invigourating activity?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Typical mindfulness/concentrative practices are not claimed to make you moral
or ethical.

 I always contrast such things with:

 Meditation is path to peace, Mozambique leader says
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/sep/22/jamesastill

 http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/sep/22/jamesastill

 Meditation is path to peace, Mozambique leader says
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/sep/22/jamesastill Former Marxist
guerrilla turned president spreads the word of the Beatles' guru to his
ministers and the military.

 View on www.theguar... http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/sep/22/jamesastill
 Preview by Yahoo

 Can Meditation Change the World?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201212/can-meditation-change-the-world

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201212/can-meditation-change-the-world

 Can Meditation Change the World?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201212/can-meditation-change-the-world
 What would happen if every member of a country's government and army started
to meditate? The amazing story of Mozambique's 'meditating president.'

 View on www.psychol...

 http://salem-news.com/articles/july202012/burma-genocide-tk.php
http://salem-news.com/articles/july202012/burma-genocide-tk.php