ordinary information at speeds faster than light.

 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 Xeno,

 According to Tom Campbell, all of us can have an immediate access to the
cosmic data bank or the akashic records to find out about our past lives and to
perform remote viewing through our human consciousness.  As such, we can assume
that communication with ETs within the galaxy and beyond can be done
instantaneously through the cosmic data bank.

 Is Tom Campbell even remotely trouble that nobody actually CAN access this
mythical cosmic data bank?

 Doesn't that teeny inconvenient fact speak volumes about the veracity of his
theory?

 It's certainly never bothered JR about any of his theories. :-)

 If we consider consciousness as a form of data bits that pervade the entire
universe, then the communication must be faster than light since we are already
connected with everything through consciousness in the universe which acts and
behave like a virtual reality.

 Even if consciousness - or anything - consisted of data bits that pervaded the
universe any information passed would happen no faster than the speed of light.
Information is classed as when you can tell one bit of the universe from
another distinctly, a defining feature of the quantum foam is that you can't.
He probably got this idea from experiments that allegedly show that pairs of
quantum particles separated from each other can both be altered instantaneously
no matter how far apart they are by simply altering one of them. There are many
possible explanations for this even assuming the results were correct to start
with. There is no possibility of them working with anything approaching
information unless he thinks we are some sort of cosmic quantum computer that
can encode thoughts using the fundamental level of nature. If it was true we
could already do it.

 I think that what JR is postulating is that if two people on different sides
of the planet are impressed by the same dumb idea at the same time and react by
saying "Wow" at exactly the same time, their minds must be in instantaneous
communication. The ancient sage Lao-tzu once commented on this phenomenon in
his book the "Duh! Te Ching."  :-)

 But we can't. Or I can't and I don't know of anyone else who can, and the
theory is stupid anyway, who says that quantum bits are consciousness? The only
time you hear it is from amiable flakes on the new age lecture circuit or
cynical money grubbers like John Hagelin as they try and fleece the
pre-brainwashed flocks of Marshy and Chopra.

 Why does this meme persist? Obviously it's a hang over from the early days of
QP when they had something they couldn't explain and left the door vaguely open
for all sorts of nonsense to creep in. It's the equivalent of religion for our
computer age I think, wild promises of life after death and magical powers and
it's based in the way of ooking at the world we learned at school. It's
science! Perfect!

 The trouble is there is more to science than just coming up with wild ideas
about what might be possible. You also have to demonstrate that it is possible.

 Have a read of this:

 http://www.colorado.edu/philosophy/vstenger/Quantum/QuantumConsciousness.pdf
http://www.colorado.edu/philosophy/vstenger/Quantum/QuantumConsciousness.pdf

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Seeing the wide diversity of strange life forms just on Earth, why would we
assume that an intelligent alien species, if it exists, would be 'humanoid?'
Just based on the evidence we have, it would seem unlikely it would resemble
us, except in the matter of intelligence required to figure out communication
technology. In general relativity theory, light and gravity waves travel at the
speed of light. Telepathy has never been scientifically demonstrated in any
reliable way, and therefore were such a thing to exist, we do not know what
speed it might travel. The nature of consciousness as a measurable, defined
entity is also unknown as a constituent of everything. All we know is it is
present when we have experiences, because its definition is tied to experience.
It is the common value of all experience, but whether consciousness is a common
value of objects when they are not experienced, is unknown.

 So far in our knowledge of the universe, there seem to be extraordinary
barriers to both travel and communication over long distances. At the speed of
light it takes about 8 minutes for NASA to communicate with its rovers on Mars.
When we look into the night sky, looking at starts and galaxies, we are looking
years, tens of years, hundreds of years, thousands of years, millions and
billions of years into the past. We see nothing as it is now, only what we
experience now which happened long ago.

 There's the possibility that there are other humanoids within the Milky Way.
However, they may not have the capability to transmit their greetings to us or
the rest of the galaxy.

 Or, they may be transmitting through other mediums besides radio waves to
communicate--such as through telepathy.  If the universe is based on
consciousness, then it is possible for sentient beings to communicate through
consciousness instantaneously throughout the entire universe.

 Hmm, I'm a sentient being and I cannot communicate instantaneously with anyone
- let alone across the universe - and I have never received telepathic
communication either from my fellow humans or from aliens. And to the best of
my knowledge neither has anybody else.

 From this we can conclude a few things. Either we humans cannot send or
receive intergalactic telepathic messages for some reason, or there is no one
sending them.

 The third option - and the one I will put money on - is that telepathy is
impossible anyway and we therefore cannot use it as evidence either for or
against alien life.

 Consciousness can be considered as the data bits that create the virtual
reality that we live in, and that enable conscious beings to access the entire
cosmic data bank--the unified field in TMO speak.  These are not my ideas, but
are from Tom Campbell, an author of a book that attempts to unify the ideas of
philosophy and science, particularly physics.

 I've watched a few of his physics clips on youtube and he has a solid grasp of
the subject - as you would hope given his background - the trouble is he goes
leaping off into unfounded fantasies and wild extrapolations without offering
any evidence other than that he thinks it's possible, and then only according
to the way he interprets things.

 As I outline above there is a serious problem with the idea of transgalactic
telepathy. He is also a standard bearer for remote viewing which is another
mysterious claim that has no convincing evidence. Both things would be easy to
prove so why doesn't he? Theorise then test. That's the way it works.

 I suppose you could say that channellers are receiving instantaneous messages
from aliens but they lack all credibility. It all boils down to their being no
action at a distance, if there was a way round it we would be able to exploit
it here and wouldn't need to wait for aliens to talk to us. Do you agree?

 Another theory about the Fermi paradox; if we aren't alone in the universe
where the hell is everybody?

 Do carbon dioxide-creating processes always destroy the biosphere they occur
in?

 If You Can’t Stand the Heat, Get Out of the Universe | NCSE
http://ncse.com/blog/2015/01/if-you-can-t-stand-heat-get-out-universe-0016143

 http://ncse.com/blog/2015/01/if-you-can-t-stand-heat-get-out-universe-0016143

 If You Can’t Stand the Heat, Get Out of the Universe | N...
http://ncse.com/blog/2015/01/if-you-can-t-stand-heat-get-out-universe-0016143
The New York Times recently ran an interesting article by Adam Frank titled “Is
Climate Disaster Inevitable?” This piece posed an intriguing answer to this
puzz...

 View on ncse.com
http://ncse.com/blog/2015/01/if-you-can-t-stand-heat-get-out-universe-0016143
 Preview by Yahoo