 From: "Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 8:33 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Oh great! GMO apples approved for growing in the
US

 They modified the plant to stop producing an enzyme that makes the apple to
turn brown. Just think, if we could do that to people, we could stop
discrimination based on skin colour. I would not worry though, humans are
exceptionally creative in finding things for disliking other people. There are
many ways to produce 'new' organisms. With genetic engineering one can mimic
things like cross breeding, or (and this is where the real potential for danger
comes in) mimic natural mutation, or inserting genes from other species, or
creating entirely synthetic genes. I think a glow in the dark 'spiritual' gene
that activates when a person believes a spiritual philosophy with too great a
percentage of gullibility would help identify people one might want to avoid,
as the conversation with such would tend to be repetitive without progress. Not
of much use here though.