While I certainly agree that "people's mileage may vary" in terms of 
experience, I do not agree that there is any one or "correct" or "true" 
interpretation of what those experiences "mean." They're just experiences, 
*including* those commonly referred to as signs of "enlightenment" around here. 

     From: "Bhairitu [email protected] [FairfieldLife]" 
<[email protected]>
 To: [email protected] 
 Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 12:44 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] The secret Woo Woo behind the TM puja -- mood 
making
   
     Exactly.  With meditation people's mileage may very.
 
 On 02/26/2015 03:17 PM, Mike Dixon [email protected] [FairfieldLife] wrote:
  


      I initiated a guy that transcended when he heard his mantra for the first 
time. When he sat down, his body became stiff and started rocking back and 
forth and breathing deep and rhythmically. Face became paralyzed and could 
hardly speak. Later he told me that when I  spoke his mantra, there was an 
explosion of light and he found himself at the center of the universe, then 
electric like energy started pulsating throughout his body and that is what was 
causing his body to rock and sway uncontrollably and breath heavily. This guy 
had  never had any exposure to yoga, a real hayseed form a small Texas town. I 
guess the sound of some words can be quite remarkable.
         From: "Bhairitu [email protected] [FairfieldLife]" 
<[email protected]>
 To: [email protected] 
 Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:04 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] The secret Woo Woo behind the TM puja -- mood 
making
   
          This doesn't explain why some folks got a buzz hearing the puja when 
initiated.  I suppose there may be some souls who don't experience a buzz.  
Maybe they're just "young souls."  I've also found the stuff over on TM-Free to 
be rather naive since it's still couched in the very narrow and sheltered focus 
of TM.  And some people get a buzz just off of music including maybe even Bruce 
Cockburn tunes.  :-) 
 
 
 On 02/26/2015 03:14 AM, TurquoiseBee [email protected] [FairfieldLife] 
wrote:
  
     Interesting article over at TM-Free. It'll be interesting to hear from TM 
teachers who still claim that the "high" they get from the puja is caused  by 
the sound of the words themselves. Clearly, it is caused by mood making. People 
on certain TTTC courses after 1974 were not only told to "keep the meaning of 
the offerings lively in their minds" as I was on my 1972 TTC course, they were 
told *exactly what to think and feel* while  chanting it. Fascinating.  
  
  
http://tmfree.blogspot.nl/2015/01/another-deception-by-maharishi-uncovered.html
  
  "Puja Feeling," (1974, with 1974 explanatory notes): 
   -- Upon saying the line that starts with "Avahanam," and while placing that 
offering (or its symbolic equivalent, raw rice grains) upon the altar, feel the 
following:  "I feel the upsurge of purifying waves of knowledge." Explanation:  
This offering of the invocation to the great Masters of the Holy Tradition 
brings a lively awareness of eternal wisdom.  -- Upon saying the line that 
starts with "Asanam," and while placing that offering (or its symbolic 
equivalent) upon the altar, feel the following: "I am realizing the ideal of 
yogastah kuru karmani."  Explanation: This offering symbolizes the immovable 
seat of life in Being. In offering this seat we feel stablized in the 
immovability of Being. Offerings on this firm basis are actions to fulfil 
cosmic purpose. -- Upon saying the line that..."Snanam,"... "I feel the joy of 
standing in the cosmic waters of pure consciousness." Explanation:  This 
offering of an ablution symbolises the refreshing omnipresence of Pure 
Consciousness. -- Upon saying the line that..."Vastram,"... "I am secure in the 
Omnipresence of Being." Explanation:  This offering of cloth symbolizes the 
garment of all-pervading Being. -- Upon saying..."Chandanam,"... "I am 
refreshed by the tranquility of the Transcendent." Explanation:  This offering 
of sandalpaste spreads some pleasant cooling influence in the atmosphere. -- 
Upon..."Akshatan"... "I feel the wholeness of individual awareness." 
Explanation:  This offering of full rice symbolizes the fullness of eternal 
life. -- Upon..."Pushpam"... "I feel the blossoming of inner Being." 
Explanation:  This offering of a flower symbolizes the full bloom of life. -- 
Upon..."Dupam"... "I feel a pleasant wave of inner and outer purity." 
Explanation:  This offering of incense symbolizes the sweet fragrance of 
purity. -- Upon..."Dipam"... "I feel the light of life, Pure Consciousness, 
illuminating everything." Explanation:  This offering of light brings the light 
of wisdom to dispel all ignorance. --Upon..."Achmaniyam,"... (before 
"Naivedyam") "I feel the support of the waves of bliss." Explanation:  This 
offering of water softens the atmosphere. -- Upon...."Naivedyam"... "I feel 
fulfilled in the plentiful life." Explanation:  This offering of fruit 
symbolizes the state of fulfillment. -- Upon..."Achmaniyam"... (said after 
"Naivedyam") "I feel the flow of fulfillment in the omnipresence of Being." 
Explanation:  This offering of water brings the flow of life in fulfillment. -- 
Upon..."Tambulam"... "I feel everywhere the cleansing and purifying influence 
at the source of speech." Explanation:  This offering of a betel leaf brings 
freshness, purifying the abode of speech. -- Upon..."Shri phalam"... "I feel 
the fullness of life welling up." Explanation:  This offering of the complete 
fruit (coconut) represents the fullness of life, unmanifested and manifest.  
The entire field of manifest life (gross, subtle and 
subtlest) is represented respectively by the husk or outer covering, the kernel 
or meat of the fruit, and the milk or inner essence.  The transcendental value 
of life is symbolized by the self-contained unmanifest space within. -- 
"Arartikyam." (Offering a camphor frame) -- Upon..."Achmaniyam"... (after 
"Arartikyam") "I feel the flow of fulfillment in the light of Being." -- 
"Pushpanjalim."  (first) (Offering a handful of flowers) Explanation:  This 
offering of a handful of flowers is the offering of the full bloom of life 
which has arisen from the offering of light. -- Upon..."Pushpanjalim"...  
(second) "I feel oneness with the Omnipresent." Explanation:  This offering of 
a handful of flowers symbolizes the surrender of the fully blossomed heart and 
mind in all the glories of the Relative and the Absolute.  
    
 
     
 
       
 
  #yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824 -- #yiv1962330824ygrp-mkp {border:1px solid 
#d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-mkp #yiv1962330824hd 
{color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 
0;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-mkp #yiv1962330824ads 
{margin-bottom:10px;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-mkp .yiv1962330824ad 
{padding:0 0;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-mkp .yiv1962330824ad p 
{margin:0;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-mkp .yiv1962330824ad a 
{color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-sponsor 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-sponsor #yiv1962330824ygrp-lc #yiv1962330824hd {margin:10px 
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-sponsor #yiv1962330824ygrp-lc .yiv1962330824ad 
{margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824actions 
{font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824activity 
{background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}#yiv1962330824
 #yiv1962330824activity span {font-weight:700;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824activity span:first-child 
{text-transform:uppercase;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824activity span a 
{color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824activity span 
span {color:#ff7900;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824activity span 
.yiv1962330824underline {text-decoration:underline;}#yiv1962330824 
.yiv1962330824attach 
{clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 
0;width:400px;}#yiv1962330824 .yiv1962330824attach div a 
{text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 .yiv1962330824attach img 
{border:none;padding-right:5px;}#yiv1962330824 .yiv1962330824attach label 
{display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}#yiv1962330824 .yiv1962330824attach label a 
{text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 blockquote {margin:0 0 0 
4px;}#yiv1962330824 .yiv1962330824bold 
{font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}#yiv1962330824 
.yiv1962330824bold a {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 dd.yiv1962330824last 
p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv1962330824 dd.yiv1962330824last p 
span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}#yiv1962330824 
dd.yiv1962330824last p span.yiv1962330824yshortcuts 
{margin-right:0;}#yiv1962330824 div.yiv1962330824attach-table div div a 
{text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 div.yiv1962330824attach-table 
{width:400px;}#yiv1962330824 div.yiv1962330824file-title a, #yiv1962330824 
div.yiv1962330824file-title a:active, #yiv1962330824 
div.yiv1962330824file-title a:hover, #yiv1962330824 div.yiv1962330824file-title 
a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 div.yiv1962330824photo-title a, 
#yiv1962330824 div.yiv1962330824photo-title a:active, #yiv1962330824 
div.yiv1962330824photo-title a:hover, #yiv1962330824 
div.yiv1962330824photo-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 
div#yiv1962330824ygrp-mlmsg #yiv1962330824ygrp-msg p a 
span.yiv1962330824yshortcuts 
{font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}#yiv1962330824 
.yiv1962330824green {color:#628c2a;}#yiv1962330824 .yiv1962330824MsoNormal 
{margin:0 0 0 0;}#yiv1962330824 o {font-size:0;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824photos div {float:left;width:72px;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824photos div div {border:1px solid 
#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824photos div label 
{color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}#yiv1962330824
 #yiv1962330824reco-category {font-size:77%;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824reco-desc {font-size:77%;}#yiv1962330824 .yiv1962330824replbq 
{margin:4px;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-actbar div a:first-child 
{margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-mlmsg 
{font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv1962330824 input, #yiv1962330824 textarea 
{font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv1962330824 code {font:115% 
monospace;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-mlmsg * 
{line-height:1.22em;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-mlmsg #yiv1962330824logo 
{padding-bottom:10px;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-msg p a 
{font-family:Verdana;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-msg 
p#yiv1962330824attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-reco #yiv1962330824reco-head 
{color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-reco 
{margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-sponsor 
#yiv1962330824ov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-sponsor #yiv1962330824ov li 
{font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-sponsor #yiv1962330824ov ul {margin:0;padding:0 0 0 
8px;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-text 
{font-family:Georgia;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-text p {margin:0 0 1em 
0;}#yiv1962330824 #yiv1962330824ygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}#yiv1962330824 
#yiv1962330824ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {border-right:none 
!important;}#yiv1962330824 

  

Reply via email to